Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, some background: 2007 L322 supercharged. I believe the air bags and compressor, etc to be all original to the car. Currently with 113k miles. My air compressor comes on just about everytime I drive the car and runs for 30 seconds to a minute. Maybe less.

When I turn off the car and walk back to unload something from the truck, Ive noticed the rear suspension lowers and the car visible drops about 1-2". I do not have the access height option selected. If the car is running, I believe the ride height is at 18" and then 17" after the drop. I've attached pictures of how I'm measuring. There are no obvious signs of leakage, no hissing, etc. Car goes into off road height just fine. The car does the lowering even on flat ground.

1. Is the compressor coming on everytime normal, or should I be looking for a leak?

2. Is this self lowering normal and is the car leveling out? (Even on flat ground)

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
77 Posts
Hey all, some background: 2007 L322 supercharged. I believe the air bags and compressor, etc to be all original to the car. Currently with 113k miles. My air compressor comes on just about everytime I drive the car and runs for 30 seconds to a minute. Maybe less.

When I turn off the car and walk back to unload something from the truck, Ive noticed the rear suspension lowers and the car visible drops about 1-2". I do not have the access height option selected. If the car is running, I believe the ride height is at 18" and then 17" after the drop. I've attached pictures of how I'm measuring. There are no obvious signs of leakage, no hissing, etc. Car goes into off road height just fine. The car does the lowering even on flat ground.

1. Is the compressor coming on everytime normal, or should I be looking for a leak?

2. Is this self lowering normal and is the car leveling out? (Even on flat ground)

Almost for sure the solution here is to replace the front two airbags and struts (comes as a package). You could test this out by using soapy water to find the leak, but it sounds like it's happening quickly. The compressor will keep coming on to keep the bags full, but this will wear out the compressor in time.

I replaced mine with Arnots and frankly it wasn't a bad job at all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Almost for sure the solution here is to replace the front two airbags and struts (comes as a package). You could test this out by using soapy water to find the leak, but it sounds like it's happening quickly. The compressor will keep coming on to keep the bags full, but this will wear out the compressor in time.

I replaced mine with Arnots and frankly it wasn't a bad job at all.
So you believe it is the front airbags vs the rears? Even though the rears are the ones lowering?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
77 Posts
So you believe it is the front airbags vs the rears? Even though the rears are the ones lowering?
Well I can't say 100%, but normally the rear airbags don't give out. I'm sure they have for someone, but it's almost always the fronts that give out. You can check with the soapy water and see if you notice any bubbles.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
407 Posts
Since 2008, I've had an LR3 and an L322, the rear lowered on both of them after I turned off the ignition, especially if the rear hatch has been opened. I just thought it was a feature.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
793 Posts
Have you ever figured when you step out of it, you’re essentially removing weight from the vehicle thus raising it by an inch. Then it adjust by lowering back to standard height.
Mine does the same thing. Not concerned. I would be if it slammed down to bump stops though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, thanks guys, I won't worry about it then. No signs of leaks otherwise. What about the compressor coming on just about every time I start the car up in the morning? Typical?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
407 Posts
Okay, thanks guys, I won't worry about it then. No signs of leaks otherwise. What about the compressor coming on just about every time I start the car up in the morning? Typical?
Not typical for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts