RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm not at all happy with Arnott at this time. Does anyone have experience another maker I need rear air bags ASAP...Thank guys

Scotty

·
Registered
922 Posts
The OEM prices in the USA ought be reasonable (OK so "reasonable" is in the mind of the consumer...) but LR prices for OEM bellows dropped significantly when Ford took over... they're used on the Ford Explorer/Exploder... Mine came with both Ford and LandRover logos embossed on the rubber together with 2 sets of part numbers!!!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Mind if asking, what exactly is the problem your facing? Fitment issue, or having some kind of faults w/ them?

I also had a bit of a fitment issue when installing mine, especially with the hose inlet appearing to be a little low. But, once installed, I'm not having much issues.

Separately, I suppose you can do a bellows only replacement, if you still have your original pistons.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have Arnott air springs on all four corners, the right rear bag is leaking air around the top of the piston, it looks like it warped or somthing the bags are only three years old or so, they still have the Arnott bar code on top.. The guy I bought the car from had the bags replaced at a shop about four hours away from me. I have the recipt, when I called Arnott and asked them about the warrenty they said huh that too bad! They told me that I needed to go back to the shop which installed them, and that they will not warrenty the bag for me. LIFE TIME WARRENTY my %&$ I told the guy so what your saying, is you don't warrenty your product, you warrenty the sale. :x

Scotty

·
Registered
271 Posts
Scotty said:
I have Arnott air springs on all four corners, the right rear bag is leaking air around the top of the piston, it looks like it warped or somthing the bags are only three years old or so, they still have the Arnott bar code on top.. The guy I bought the car from had the bags replaced at a shop about four hours away from me. I have the recipt, when I called Arnott and asked them about the warrenty they said huh that too bad! They told me that I needed to go back to the shop which installed them, and that they will not warrenty the bag for me. LIFE TIME WARRENTY my %&$ I told the guy so what your saying, is you don't warrenty your product, you warrenty the sale. :x

Scotty
If you read the fine print on most lifetime warranties, they apply only to the original purchaser. I don't know details about Arnott, but I'd be surprised if theirs was written differently. I had a front original airbag that was leaking from the top of the bag, too. I never could tell if it was from the air spring bead/bead seat or from the upper body of the airbag. I just replaced both fronts at that time with Arnott OEM bellows. Good since then. Looking at a couple of parts sites, I saw Arnott, Land Rover Genuine by Dunlop I believe, and another brand called Proline. I can only say my Arnott's are good, but I've only had the fronts for 1.5 years and the rears for about 3 weeks.

Brett

·
Registered
401 Posts
I had arnotts on the rear for a month. BOTH blew out at the crimp ring within 5 miles of eachother on a main road blocking traffic for over a hour. I went with OEM (dunlop) and never had a problem (knock on wood)
-Eric

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you Brett for your input. Knowing that Rover Renovations, does an extream amount of buisness with Arnott, I called Dennis and asked him for advice on the matter, he confirmed your thoughts.
I must say, Dennis took it a step further, he is going to send me a cap for the leaking air bag and he didn't even ask for shipping charges, confirming my thoughts that Rover Renovations is second to none in customer service.

Thank You ROVER RENOVATIONS :clap: :clap:

Scotty

·
Registered
976 Posts
Glad to hear that you're on your way to fixing your issue.

I'm quite impressed w/ Dennis' tenacity for great customer service. Unfortunately, I've bought my air springs direct, and of the 4 bags I bought, one of them came w/ a slight tear in them. Although Arnott sent the replacement no questions asked, the sales guy I talked to on the phone was less than friendly. I wish, even if they didn't mean it, could have been more chirpier or something.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I must say, when I have the cash to purchase rear air bags Arnott or not :lol: I'll get them from Rover Renovations because of their superior customer service.

Scotty

·
Registered
483 Posts
This is an interesting post; have read a lot of posts where people have had problems with Arnott springs. Is this just because people comment on 3rd party suppliers, is it because more people on the forum fit Arnott's than Dunlops or do they have more quality control problems?

Dennis clearly has sorted the appalling customer service issues but then I have a local supplier for both so if not going for the extra height of G3's what are the best?

Certainly from what I have seen on here Dunlop seem to have better Quality control, how easy is it to change just the rubber and save cash?

Dennis? Its clear you are the N0. 1 expert on this subject - if I were in the US I would definitely be dealing with you.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
Thanks guys, (and I ship international almost daily ;) )

I really like the Arnott springs, and have not had issues personally (except self-inflicted) but have dealt with several returns. I've removed 5 year old arnott bellows to install GenIII's, and they look MUCH better than 5 year old OEM's. They use a different compound (not sure what the difference is) which gives the rubber longer life. Dunlops are just rubber and will die, I'm not sure of the Arnott's lifespan, but it's pretty good. My GenIII's are 4 1/2 years old and still trucking (well, the 2 on the left, I've destroyed/replaced the 2 on the right....)

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Altough, i do not have Dennis volume of sales, I supplied Arnott air springs for maybe 3 years in France.
All my customers swapped to Arnott because of Dunlop quality problems.

During those 3 years, i made stats on 300 rigs and found this :

-95-96 year had Dunlop OEM that lasted 150.000 miles
-2000-2001 year had Dunlop OEM that lasted 80.000 miles
I even had customers replacing 2 years old Dunlop because they were porous :shock:

IMHO, Dunlop quality declined.

During those 3 years, i had only 1% return on Arnott. I may have 100 Range Rover P38 running in France with those. 8)
Shame that i couldn't have one defective to see the exact cause and pry them open to see the rubber thickness. I'm almost certain it's twice the thickness of Dunlops from the touch test.

10% of my customers had difficulties during the install for the left rear side.
100% of those finally get them on with the tip i told them.

Arnott is the way to go :thumb:

PS : Dennis, i believe that LR changed the design of the airsprings in 97 for comfort reason. At least, piston has been changed from metal to plastic.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Turbo great info, thanks for the replies you guys..

Scotty

1 - 14 of 14 Posts