RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, so some complete idiot driving my "new " 88 RRC put a tree limb through the rear 1/4 panel window - I don't know how I - uh I mean he did it, but its done. luckily found a replacement, but now - what about the gasket or weather stripping that goes around the window - anyone know if thats still available new, or could you use some generic roll of stuff? I called my local rover place - they sent me to phone mail and havent bothered to return my call yet!

·
Registered
400 Posts
I presume you are referring to the most aft fixed window on the side.

Those gaskets are available in the UK, but they are expensive. I bought a pair for about $450, did not take that long to arrive. I had to replace mine as the original ones were completely shot. They can be found as individual sides. Look at Famousfour.co.uk for instance FF005556 LH (GBP 149) FF005555 RH

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, Thats way way way way overpriced - even for a Rover. My local glass guy glued in thre new window and used an aftermarket weatherstripping trim. Looks pretty original to me, and cost me 45 bucks. I'm not building a concourse vehicle here, just want it functional and straight.

I'm certainly not willing to pay ransom to own a RRC!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sure thing, assuming I can figure out posting photos. Right now it's in being carpeted, supposed to be done tommorrow. as soon as i get it back, I post some photos of the window and the carpet set up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts