RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the netherlands, here the offroaders drive a suzuki samurai of something like that.
Always when i come with the sport everybody is looking and i hear them say its a shame that i hurt such a nice car.

I personally think, the car is made also for offroading so why keep it in the garage ??!! :evil:

What do you guys think, can it hurt the car bad (i know it depends on the driver) but you know what i mean.

Do you use the car for real offroading ?? iam curious

greetz sander

·
Registered
213 Posts
I think what they mean is that while the range rover sport is designed to handle off-roading, it may be a shame to scratch the paint or otherwise damage such a nice/expensive vehicle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Keep offroading that thing, that's exactly what is was designed to do. A ton of people have something to say about a nice vehicle on the trails, but if you are careful, you will have fun and kick their butts!

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,170 Posts
i get people trying to make a big deal about taking an expensive car offroad as opposed to a vehicle of lesser value where a dent or scratch here and there would be of lesser consequence. i hear things like "oh let me see what 70k can do" as i enter obstacles at our local OHV. it all depends on how you enjoy offroading. i stay well within the limits of my driving abilities and the RRS's capabilities and limitations. i have no delusions of doing the rubicon, but i have enough fun with moderate technical challenges to share some exciting photo ops. i rely on good spotters to help determine if i can maneuver a particular obstacle and a lot of watching and learning and asking questions. lots of LR3s in our club and i can easily see the difference in approach and departure angles for certain obstacles and use that to my advantage and bypass when appropriate.

i'm not so particular with my RRS that pinstriping really bugs me. nothing a good buff job would get out. i'm also smart enough to not cave to peer pressure and attempt something just because i'm being egged on.

if you never offroad, then realize you've spent money buying a vehicle that has features/functionality that you're not using. would you pay for the RSE and never turn it on? would you buy a sports car and always stay under the speeding limit? but hey sometimes the pros of the rest of the vehicle outweigh the desire to use all the goodies.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
actually, recently switched to cooper LTZs. suppose it's time to change the sig.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
sjg123 said:
ooops, never mind - just saw your signature with the 18's and nittos - not a reality for my 2010...
First impressions are that the 2010 Sport has departed more from a traditional LR off-roading heritage. Of course the Sport in itself is a slight departure already. Without being able to go down to 18s (has this fully been proven?) it does not appear that the 10's will be as capable, but they should come pretty close. You might be one of the pioneers with the '10 and offroading. :thumb: At least on this forum. But as phil pointed out, unless you have visions of running the Rubicon, you're going to have plenty of fun in the Sport.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
TripleE said:
has this fully been proven?
it's all been conjecture from the SAs i've spoken with. have yet to read anything about anyone trying it. if anyone in the SF bay area with a 2010 wants to try on my spare, i'll gladly meet up to give it a try.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts