RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've checked all the posts but havent found a reference to my problem. I had a slight leak in right hand exhaust manifold (UK right hand drive vehicle) and removed intermediate steering shaft,heat shields, plugs and leads, heater hoses and removed all bolts so that the manifold was completely detached free of the engine and the exhaust pipe. However I couldnt get it out of the engine bay. I turned it this way and that but I couldnt get to lift it out because it got stuck between the brake accumulator and the engine. So I put it all back together again and lived with the leak for a few more months but now its much worse and I really need to do the job and have got a replacement manifold. Please advise what the procedure is for lifting it out ? I realise I can cut up the manifold but then I'm still faced with the problem of how to get the new manifold back in. I hope it doesnt mean removing the exhaust pipe and taking it out from underneath.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Try slackening off the engine mountings and lifting the engine with a jack. That may give enough clearance.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
Range Rover MkIII / L322
799 Posts
Remove the starter motor and you can get it out from under the vehicle. Jacking up the chassis gives you more space.

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,115 Posts
I didn't see it in your list. Did you remove the valve cover?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts