Range Rovers Forum banner

Read "Drive Cycle" Readiness

7K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  speedkills 
#1 ·
Is there a way to read which modules have passed the drive cycle. I am fighting with the P0442 fault and need to know when it is ready in order to get it inspected.

#5 ·
Actually.... I am still looking for the problem... there are very few posts about this issue with the newer RR. Most older models always say the purge valve but have not seen one post about purge valve in Mark III L322. Sure would be nice if the IID Tool supported doing a leak test so that you could at least see the characteristics of the failure.
At this point, if I can see the readiness I am hoping to get one good cycle pass on the EVAP and then lock it out in order to get the inspection and buy me more time.
Regards

#6 ·
Seriously? Diagnostic equipment reads sensor outputs and reads the codes that various subsystems generate and of course, standard OBDII codes for engines. No gear is going to support a leak test. Good old fashioned inspection of vacuum lines usually finds cracked or degraded hoses. As there are no sensors for hoses the system can not return a "line X" is leaking. It can only identify that there is not a sealed system so something is open to atmosphere. I would browse the 5.0l workshop manual in the "online workshop manual" link in the FAQ. There should be a diagram of the evap components.

#7 ·
Yes seriously... if you read the workshop manual it describes the leak test which is basically the EVAP pressurization test with more diagnostic information. But you have to have specific software to access that feature. What it gives you is the ability to run the pressurization test on demand and determine what part of the test cycle is failing, that at least gives you a clue of where to look and the ability to verify what you find without having to wait for the right conditions for the test to run.

From the manual....

• NOTE: A leak test can be performed using the Land Rover recommended diagnostic tool. This overrides the above
conditions and is useful for checking correct system and component operation.

also has this.....

Disconnect purge pipe from the purge valve, observe the condition of connection (the seating and condition of
the "O" ring) and then reconnect. Using the manufacturer approved diagnostic system, run Purge Valve Self Test
(to clean the purge valve) then run the Fuel Leak Check

also one of the suggestions is to isolate the purge valve by using a plug in the purge pipe but this only works if you can force the test because not good riding around with both the purge and vacuum lines plugged waiting for the test to run...

.. my only point is that the ability to run the test on demand would be a great benefit to resolving EVAP faults... and shorten the troubleshooting time considerably, by allowing a specific procedure identify and pinpoint the specific area of the leak.

..Function wish list for the IIDTool

Regards

#8 ·
I tried to go do a smog test today and found a couple of my sensors weren't ready (I think I reset them with iidtool) and after extensive searching through the app and manual never was able to find any functionality to see if the drive cycles needed were done and my RR was ready to take to get a smog check. I ended up just buying a $30 bluetooth obd2 adapter on amazon. I wonder if iidtool also works as a generic obd2 bluetooth adapter so I can take advantage of some of the more user-friendly software available for ios?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.