Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Re: When do you think 2015 build orders are made?

I'm new to forum - I ordered a 2015 Range Rover Autobiography LWB 2 weeks ago and was told I'd likely see it in Dec or Jan - dealer was able to give at msrp - first time I've ever paid sticker on a car but seems demand is high - read online that 2015 RR Auto LWB will have 22" inch tires available in 2015 - dealer says will let know if possible - seems like he doesn't have build sheet yet - also wonder about panoramic roof and if there will be choices with Autobiography - hope this truck is worth the wait - this is my first Range Rover - test drive kinda sold me.

·
Registered
48 Posts

2015 models will be built starting October 13th according to the bulletin. All of the AB options are in it and the Panoramic Roof is standard on that trim in the USA.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

thanks I think I picked a winner - can't wait to get it like in 4-5 months LOL

·
Registered
48 Posts

thanks I think I picked a winner - can't wait to get it like in 4-5 months LOL
You sure did! The vehicle is terrific! Congrats on the purchase and good luck with the wait :twisted:

·
Registered
152 Posts

2014HSE - I see you ordered pretty much the identical car in the 2015 version. Is that an extra one or a replacement for the 2014? Just curious why you're getting another. Are you unhappy with your current one or just taking advantage of the current high resale on used to get latest model? Asking as I'm considering the latter. Thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts

2014HSE - I see you ordered pretty much the identical car in the 2015 version. Is that an extra one or a replacement for the 2014? Just curious why you're getting another. Are you unhappy with your current one or just taking advantage of the current high resale on used to get latest model? Asking as I'm considering the latter. Thanks.
The latter. I love my RR and we were able to get full MSRP on the trade after driving it for one year (will be 16 months when the new one arrives) and almost 15K miles. Taking full advantage of the fact that this NEVER happens with cars. I ordered everything the same except for the changes in the climate pack, forcing me to four-zone. That said, I will be happy to have the power/cooled seats in the back.

If you can find a dealer to give you MSRP for your trade, it is a no brainer. I ultimately have a free car for 16 months.

Good luck!

·
Registered
152 Posts

So your dealer committed to full MSRP now, months before you get your new one and they can take your current one in as a trade? Mine told me the resale market is softening and cannot predict where things will be in December, when the first 2015s arrive.

·
Registered
48 Posts

So your dealer committed to full MSRP now, months before you get your new one and they can take your current one in as a trade? Mine told me the resale market is softening and cannot predict where things will be in December, when the first 2015s arrive.
That is correct. With the caveat of less than 15K miles (we're at 9900).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts