Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I've been wanting more power and or improved MPG out of my 94' 3.9l RRC. After doing some reading, I stumbled upon Tornado and Optimax ECU Chips. I don't know much other than what the company claims it can do. Has anyone re-chipped their Classics? Is re-chipping something I should consider doing? Is it a nightmare to tackle myself? Are there better ways to see more gains other than this? Is it worth it?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Several folks have used the Tornado chip set with great results. At one time Tornado even helped to sponsor RRnet. There is a pretty detailed write up in our home pages for more informatino. I've heard nothing but great report about Mark's customer service and wouldn;t hesitate if I were so inclined.

·
Banned
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3,952 Posts
The same engine with the same 14CUX controller is used in plenty of TVR's with the Tornado chip. It does work and works well, not cheap though.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I found the write up, but I cannot find any info on installing it. Is there a high probability of ruining the ECU by opening it up? And yeah I see that, but if I can benefit from it and any other upgrades I make down the road would make a bigger difference by having this chip installed then I think it might just be worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts