1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: BBS Nanocom Evolution

Hi all,
I was wondering if anybody else out there has bought a Nanocom Evolution diagnostic unit from BBS. Well i have and though i am happy with it there is a bug bare issue with it. It seems to operate fine except when it comes to communicating with the EAS side of things. A couple of weeks ago i had the SLOW 35MAX SPEED warning up on the message centre, to cut a long story short it ended up to be the EAS Compressor had stopped working. I discovered this purely by routing around and found that the compressor was not functioning. So i did the relevant repairs to the compressor and then connected it back to the car but still no joy. I was told that i had to clear the current fault before it would work, but being as my Nonocom Evolution from BBS would not communicate with my EAS ECU i was was going nowhere. Had to take out my EAS ECU and send it to be fault cleared at a cost of £35.00 when it was returned i fitted it back to the car and my compressor works a treat message centre clear. It seems a real pitty that such an exspensive item cannot read the EAS System on my car. I purchased another lead and software for my EAS of one of the auction sites at a cost of £19.00 plugs into my laptop and it connects first time every time and works flawlessly. So if anybody can shed some light on my issue i would be very greatfull, as it means back to BBS and being for weeks without it.

Many thanks

Alan

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

I've used mine extensively and can't recall a problem communication with the eas ..... sometimes you have to reset the ignition when switching between the various ecus in the car.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,229 Posts

I too can vouch for the fact the Nanocom will talk to the EAS... I used it to tweak the height calibration a few weeks ago.

Maybe just double check that the connectors on the leads are clean (and in the vehicle) and failing that give BBS an email.

Cheers,
Marty

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,278 Posts

Seeing as it would be used @75% for EAS faults, I would seriously doubt it not working with EAS as a rule of thumb!
There are multiple causes for it not communicating with the EAS, so before doing anything (like trashing it on a public forum) test ion on another P38.

Martin

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Hi all,
Thanks for the replies, but as i stated i have used another lead via laptop and that works just fine. And as for Martin Leftlanetruckin, i am not trashing it on here ok. How dare you suggest that, think before you type old boy ok

Alan

·
Registered
719 Posts

another satisfied customer here of BBS. mine connects to the EAS fine. did you get in touch with Colin or Ron and discuss your issue? depending on what type of rangie you have, you need the green obd cable in order for your nanocom to work with the becm, ecm, transmission, hvac, AND eas. and if you haven't done these things, starting a thread about how a device doesn't work as advertised can be detrimental to a company. That being said, there very well could be something wrong with the nanocom. Let us know how it all turns out!
Chris

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Hi Chris,
Thanks for your reply, yes I have the correct green lead for my Nanocom. And I have had a word with Ron regarding this issue. Was just trying to to find out if others were experiencing this issue. Also how long does it take for it to be sent back to bed and back.

·
Registered
19 Posts

A bit sad that people think he is trashing the nanocom.....seemed a reasonable question to ask on a forum for Range Rover lovers....I must be a bit sensitive! I brought my EAS unlocker off the bay of flea before I'd even heard of BBS and it is always in my glovebox just in case Mr RAC man has to come out to a hard fault.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,278 Posts

Guess I took it the wrong way then Alan, apologies mate:thumb:
I would still try it on another rig though, before sending it back to Cyprus etc.
Anyone else for a slice of humble pie?:lol:
Martin

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thanks all,
For your swift replies on my issue. Will keep you all informed of any progress. I love the unit and wouldn't be without it, its a fantastic unit, and if the truth be known don't want to be without it.

Cheers everyone

Alan

P.S. No worries Martin (Leftlanetruckin)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.