RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please point me to instructions to use the RAVE with current software (OS X 10.11, Acrobat DC), and explain like I'm five? I downloaded from the link on landroverresource.com, but can't figure out where to go from there. There are many threads here consisting of a newbie asking a similar question and being told to follow information that doesn't seem to exist. Several threads suggest opening the rave-lr.pdf file, but that just opens a single page -- actually most anything seems to open a single page. I tried downloading the RAVE into a Windows emulator, but that didn't make a difference in the outcome.

Thanks for your help.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
As noted in the instructions you just need acrobat reader installed to run RAVE on any platform. You click the rave-lr.pdf which opens a single page menu. Click on Classic and it will open an interactive menu.

If the rave-lr.pdf is not interactive and you can not click then you either are not using acrobat reader to read your pdfs or you have a security/setting issue within your mac products. Either way acrobat on a windows emulator works perfectly for mac users as well. It is tried and true and any issues with RAVE on any platform have always been found to be user error... sorry.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I stumbled on the answer. Rather than delete the thread I'll update hoping it might be useful for someone. First, Acrobat should be your default pdf browser. I don't know why that matters but it seems to. Second, all the files and pages of the RAVE and contained pdfs are bookmarked from the initial clickable image. If your bookmarks tab menu is open it will display the contents and they are clickable as they should be. If it isn't open, you get a pretty picture of a Range Rover to temper your frustrations.

So if you are struggling to make this work, download and select Acrobat as your default viewer and restart your system. I can check on a Windows 10 emulator, but I'm guessing the same solution will work there as well.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Thanks for the update. I know RAVE is frustrating for some folks. I receive several complaints a month that the download is faulty, install doesn;t work or someone can;t get it to run. I haven;t had my mac buddy test in a few months but I test windows and Android platforms just last weekend with standard operable results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts