RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody help please ? I downloaded the rave manual because I wanted the electrical circuit diagrams like the power distribution , earth dist, and anti theft alarm diagrams that you can find in the Rave for the new range rover - Does anybody know where I can get them from please OR is the electrical circuit diagram on the new range rover the same - I would not have thought so but that is the only explanation for Rave not having added the P38 diesel Circuit diagrams .

Thank you all for your asap responses - My range rover has now been sitting for 4 months waiting for me to find the time to sort it out and now I found that I don't have the circuit diagram !

ALso is it possible to completely remove the blooming alarm wiring once I get the diagram or am I looking for trouble? Because now it comes up the bonnet is open when it's not! - I am an ex college vehicle mechanic - many years ago before computers - The range rover stalled in a 'Gearbox fault' mode and I am hoping it - as someone mentioned - could be a bad earth connection.

cheers all who care to give me their input 8-0=

·
Registered
931 Posts
Can anybody help please ? I downloaded the rave manual because I wanted the electrical circuit diagrams like the power distribution , earth dist, and anti theft alarm diagrams that you can find in the Rave for the new range rover - Does anybody know where I can get them from please OR is the electrical circuit diagram on the new range rover the same - I would not have thought so but that is the only explanation for Rave not having added the P38 diesel Circuit diagrams .

Thank you all for your asap responses - My range rover has now been sitting for 4 months waiting for me to find the time to sort it out and now I found that I don't have the circuit diagram !

ALso is it possible to completely remove the blooming alarm wiring once I get the diagram or am I looking for trouble? Because now it comes up the bonnet is open when it's not! - I am an ex college vehicle mechanic - many years ago before computers - The range rover stalled in a 'Gearbox fault' mode and I am hoping it - as someone mentioned - could be a bad earth connection.

cheers all who care to give me their input 8-0=
Electrical diagrams for the P38 are in the Range Rover section of Rave under Electrical Troubleshooting Manuals.

Gearbox fault is the first symptom of a Failing battery.

Removing the Alarm wiring is not simple and if you are meaning to include the immobilizer then you are looking at a major issue as the BECM and Engine Ecu have to communicate in order for engine start to occur.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply - I have charged the battery up and checked the charge is 100% but still it won't start. I have also made sure to set my key code in - via turning the key whilst holding the button etc - but if when I enable the alarm and it comes up Bonnet open - does that mean that the alarm is not enabling and will that prevent the engine from starting - it is cranking - its a diesel with a Bosch fuel pump.

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry John - Just to point out that in the rave manual troublshooting - their is no actual diagram for the electrical circuits just a write up and lists of connectors and earths etc with some pictures of where to find the connectors and earths - but in the new range rover section of rave they have some ' wow' circuit diagrams !

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MY MISTAKE ! - yes I found the circuit diagrams but not for the alarm and not half as good as the diagrams drawings on the new range rover which is easier to follow ! - thank you

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes thank you - Just turned the engine over - it starts but cuts out after 3 seconds. Does this rule out the crankshaft sensor and relays ?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi where abouts are you? the bonnet open will most likely be one of the micro switches on one of the bonnet locks just disconnect it next to the slam panel. when you say it starts then cuts out after 3 seconds will it run for 3 seconds straight away or do you have to crank it?
Tony

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
THere is only one bonnet switch. It is located within the right hand latch on all models fo rall markets. Usually a quick adjustment of the latch cures the fault properly. On the other hand most people simply disconned the connector on the outter right side of the radiator side.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Gearbox fault is the first symptom of a Failing battery.
I know you have charged your battery 100% but did you load test it?

A failed or bad cell will give you the problems you have mentioned but will still read OK on the voltage.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have to crank it quite a long time before it starts - Do you know where the bonnet switch is so I can disconnect it - people have said its on the right hand side but looking from the front or when sitting in the car - is it in the hinges if so how do i disconnect it - I also wish to disconnect the alarm ariel which apparently is located in the rear panel in the boot I think.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am in France. Everything is way too expensive over here including the English Garages if one can find one that isn't run by cowboys and be lucky enough to have the diagonostic tools.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi i have the etm rave in pdf version. If you send me your email address i'll gladly send it you. Regards dylan.

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
All anyone has to do is read the FAQ. fully operational PDF version that runs on all platforms is referenced.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts