RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rebuild my compressor and replaced the teflon ring in it, when I put it back together its making a terrible rattling noise the bearings seem fine and everything seems tight, any one have any clues

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys the mounts are fine and the rattle is still there even with the lid removed I mounting rubbers are fine and are nice and tight it sounds like its coming from inside the compressor

·
Registered
931 Posts
If you notice that the compressor itself is making the rattling sound, it may be worthwhile to take apart the engine side of the compressor and replace the 2 brushes as well as the springs that push the brushes into the armature. Sometimes, these things are not positioned properly against the armature, and cause excess vibration.

Another possibility would be that the bearings (I believe there were 2 in there) have gone bad-Though, this would be a less likely scenario.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Brush box failure, piston sleeve loose, piston not placed correctly on shaft causing it to place a side ways force

Or its beyond help cos of old age..

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Funily enough I followed that post when I repaired mine maybe I didnt put something back quite right

1 - 11 of 11 Posts