RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
800 miles and already taking my RRS in for service (hope this isn't the start of a trend)

There is an incredibly annoying rattling sound coming from the rear drivers door. Very evident when going over bumps.

Sounds like an empty water bottle stuck in the door or even a bit higher like the headliner (no, theres not an empty water bottle in the door storage bin)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not good. I'd be interested I hearing the outcome. Reliability has been a concern since considering and ordering my first LR and I am taking a leap of faith with my purchase.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not good. I'd be interested I hearing the outcome. Reliability has been a concern since considering and ordering my first LR and I am taking a leap of faith with my purchase.
I hear ya, I'm in the same boat. Always liked The RRS but reliability has kept me away. I decided to go for it too. Like noted above it has been posted that a partially full gas tank can cause a somewhat loud thump/sloshing noise inside the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts

Maaaan, why you gotta bring up old shet?
Over the years my family have owned 8 MBs, 2 BMWs, 6 Japanese cars (Toyota, Honda...) and 1 2010 RRS.

Of all the above, I will say that the RRS was the best one based on reliability and overall quality and fewest visits to dealer. And if you don't count bs software issues it's down to just service visits. People who have these concerns are still in the 90s.

I'm not one to defend a brand, but my gripe with JLR is definitely not about reliability. Now a new model year is for sure going to have some gremlins in any brand. And if you can't stomach that then you gotta wait at least 3 years. (Man I hope I don't end up eating my words on this one)

·
Banned
144 Posts
There is not a car in this world where you visit a forum dedicated to it and there aren't people reporting rattles. I don't care if it's Kia or Mercedes Benz.

You hope it doesn't happen on your car and if it does, you go get it fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,444 Posts
Over the years my family have owned 8 MBs, 2 BMWs, 6 Japanese cars (Toyota, Honda...) and 1 2010 RRS.

Of all the above, I will say that the RRS was the best one based on reliability and overall quality and fewest visits to dealer.
That's cause you've never owned a Chebby.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gas tank is 1/3 full

I suppose it could be the gas tank but it doesn't sound like it and it sounds like it's coming directly from the door area

It's more of a constant jiggling rattling plasticky sound

·
Registered
531 Posts
Gas tank is 1/3 full

I suppose it could be the gas tank but it doesn't sound like it and it sounds like it's coming directly from the door area

It's more of a constant jiggling rattling plasticky sound
I once had this problem with my old car, turned out somebody left a bottle underneath the seat.

·
Registered
70 Posts

Of all the above, I will say that the RRS was the best one based on reliability and overall quality and fewest visits to dealer. And if you don't count bs software issues it's down to just service visits. People who have these concerns are still in the 90s.

I'm not one to defend a brand, but my gripe with JLR is definitely not about reliability. Now a new model year is for sure going to have some gremlins in any brand. And if you can't stomach that then you gotta wait at least 3 years. (Man I hope I don't end up eating my words on this one)
Jeez, relax guys. Noted that all new car models have issues, and I think LR RRS will be fine, hopefully for our sake. Still not deterring me....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts