RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a rattling noise from something somewhere in my front driver and passenger door. It seems to be coming from the tweeter or the ac vents area but I can't seem to figure it out. My brother has the same vehicle and is having the same issues. If anyone else have some insight on this matter please help. It only seems to be rattling while the car is in motion regardless if the ac is blowing or not and if the stereo is on or not.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Do you have the premium sound system and CONVERSATION ASSIST (CA). CA places microphones and speakers around the cabin to aid in conversation ... a few of us here have had issues with the microphones picking up other rattles or wind noise in the car and then that sound is broadcast over the speakers, making it hard to pinpoint the exact source of the rattle.

There have also been some members who had loose speakers that needed to be adjusted or bad speakers that needed to be replaced.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Meridian Premium Audio Enhancement Package but not sure about the Conversation assist feature

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've taken it to the dealership but they are saying if they can't replicate the issue to witness what's going on then there is no warranty work to be done.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Make a video of this and bring along to service. That usually does the trick. No need for test drives.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't know if it is related but both my driver and passenger windows do not go down all the way sticking up 1/4 inch. When I queried this with the dealer they said it was to designed that way to give better isolation of noise (to stop rattles!). There is some kind of issue that they are not admitting, as I have never owned a car where the windows did go down all the way.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I don't know if it is related but both my driver and passenger windows do not go down all the way sticking up 1/4 inch. When I queried this with the dealer they said it was to designed that way to give better isolation of noise (to stop rattles!). There is some kind of issue that they are not admitting, as I have never owned a car where the windows did go down all the way.
Mine usually don't go down all the way, but they did the other day. I didn't notice any extra rattling when they did. They also don't go up all of the way. If I wait for them to reset after auto-closing and try to close them again, they often close a little bit more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts