RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saluts gents;
i have an awkward noise coming from my range,it only comes when the truck is stationary and while i am holding the brakes pedal only on a descent,i can hear it from my left front wheel,it sound exactly like the rattle snake but more sharp and loud as soon as i release the pedal the sounds goes than as soon as i press the pedal again (still braking the truck on the descent).
to be more specific the sounds only comes out when stationary on a descent arround 50 degree,it is very sharp,i don't have any warning lights on,nor my pedal is clicking,i have replaced my front and rear pads,the calipers are working properly,accumulator working properly,i can't feel any pumping from the pedal,just the terrible rattling noise while stationary and applying the brakes,as soon as i almost remove my foot from the pedal to allow the truck to roll a little the sound goes.could it be air leaking from the airbags if the truck is incligned on such an angle facing forward,does that happen that the angle can create an air leak between the piston and the airbag coz it is very down?
any help gents? :think:

·
Registered
701 Posts
Something is probably loose. Have you gotten underneath it to try and find out where the noise is coming from exactly? It could just be the wheel well cover, or it could be something more serious.

·
Registered
170 Posts
What about your air compressor bushings? Could just be in relation to the RPM, depending on what that is while you are braking.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey jorjiok,
Glad to see Lebanese memebers on the forum, regarding your braking problem, it was mentioned before the hissing noise when applying the brakes, did u read the thread about the "brake modulator", you should read it and see if it applies to your case, and hope the modulator is not failing, and in case it is, HSE is a vendor on this site and he sells upgrade kit to fix this problem, if this was the case!!
BTW I was born in Beirut. take care Jorji
Zee

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i can't believe how most of the p38 owners think about the worst case senario before starting with the simpler repair,i laught my guts out when i discovered what it was,i couldn't believe it,it was the viscous fan hitting on the edge of the radiator when the weight of the vehicle is pushed down,there was no apparant top mount fixings on my rad,so the rad was playing in and out,i just fixed it temporary with a piece of wood on the top,by the way the radiator apart from being well fixed from the bottom how it is fixed from the top?which parts i am missing so the rad is playing at the top?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ZEERANGE said:
Hey jorjiok,
Glad to see Lebanese memebers on the forum, regarding your braking problem, it was mentioned before the hissing noise when applying the brakes, did u read the thread about the "brake modulator", you should read it and see if it applies to your case, and hope the modulator is not failing, and in case it is, HSE is a vendor on this site and he sells upgrade kit to fix this problem, if this was the case!!
BTW I was born in Beirut. take care Jorji
Zee
hey zee,pleased to hear that u were born in my country,cheers bro :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts