RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been chasing down a rattle I had in the rear (of my RRS). It was eluding me until I had an a-ha moment. I replaced the rear swaybar bushings and rattle gone. My RRS has 80K on it and has been rattling for the last 10K, so I would say if you have more than 60K and the usual suspects, rear hatch, etc. are not the culprits, replace the bushings. The front stock bushings seem wear out every 30-40K. The rears 60-80K.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have been chasing down a rattle I had in the rear (of my RRS). It was eluding me until I had an a-ha moment. I replaced the rear swaybar bushings and rattle gone. My RRS has 80K on it and has been rattling for the last 10K, so I would say if you have more than 60K and the usual suspects, rear hatch, etc. are not the culprits, replace the bushings. The front stock bushings seem wear out every 30-40K. The rears 60-80K.
Just had mine replaced at 77k along with the front bushings, made a world of a difference

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
69 Posts
Our RRS is right at 77-78k so I'm thinking I better get this one figured out. Any ballpark idea what I'm gonna spend doing Front and Rear ?

·
Registered
417 Posts
my dealer quoted me 430 for the rear and i assume the same for the front, however i just bought the parts (front and rear) for about 90 bucks and got them replaced about a friends shop. To be honest it seems like a pretty simple job if you have an HSE

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
69 Posts
Thanks, I was sitting here considering whether I could tackle this myself or not.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I was sitting here considering whether I could tackle this myself or not.
It's easy on a lift. A PITA on the ground b/c you have to force up one side of the bar and you are on your back. Well worth the shop fee IMO. IIRC my indy shop charged me $90 in labor for each end.

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
Yup, as long as you don't have Dynamic Response, it's not bad, but I could see it being difficult without the right equipment.

We charge $99 per axle in labor, and $169 for both axle at the same visit.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Did mine closer to 100K when it started squeaking bad - like a $10hooker on a hot summer day with a buy1 /get 1 free night.

Was not a hard fix, just a PITA to squeeze and tighten the bolts down. I had the RRS on a lift, put a jack stand on the control arm and lowered the lift slightly so the pressure was off the Swaybar, and was able to align and tighten the bolts easier.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Goose,

I am thinking of doing the same. Got this rattle that is elusive despite the lower control arm being replaced and the application of felt material in the hatch lock. Where did you get the parts? Could you kindly PM the NJ shop you used?

Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts