Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot figure out what is rattling / buzzing over my left shoulder, esp when playing music (not with huge bass or very high volume)...I have pressed on everything...door trim around upper part surrounding the glass...the movable seat belt adjuster, B post trim...Anyone else have something like this in this area that you figured out where it was coming from...

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
299 Posts
I had quite a bit of rattle coming from the 10” monitor on the seat back, and right rear door. I mentioned it to the dealer and they removed the door panel and added some foam. Problem is nearly solved, certainly far better.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
101 Posts
I cannot figure out what is rattling / buzzing over my left shoulder, esp when playing music (not with huge bass or very high volume)...I have pressed on everything...door trim around upper part surrounding the glass...the movable seat belt adjuster, B post trim...Anyone else have something like this in this area that you figured out where it was coming from...
It can be very tricky to identify the source of your rattle. Have you tried removing your rear parcel shelf / privacy cover for the cargo area? In my 2004 L322, which has a similar parcel shelf, I recently found and successfully fixed a rattle that relatively follows your description. If removing your parcel shelf fixes the issue, then it maybe that one of the rubber pads along the left or right undersides of the parcel shelf have fallen off. It is a simple fix to replace the rubber pads. The pads are located on the underside near hinge folds, you can see if one is missing by comparing the pad locations on the left and right sides; if there is a pad on one side and not the other, then you are missing a pad and this results in a rattle. Rattles are highly annoying, but when you are able to resolve them it is bliss. Good luck. If you need me to post photos, please let me know. I hope this is your issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts