RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Thats not a special edition. Kind of looks like a holland and holland but in red though... I do like the way they did the center console.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yea, that's short bus special edition. Looks like a paint gun blew up on it in all the wrong places (including the wheels) and the seats got hacked back together. Anyone else notice the forward lean? At least they left the air-suspension for some newb to ask how to fix. Typical "sell your problems away"

What's the knob for on the dash?

·
Registered
308 Posts
I think it looks pretty good, and has low miles to boot. A much much better customization job than some of the others I have seen here lately!

G

·
0 Posts
The wood color is the same as a 30th Anniversary edition, I don't think they came in red though. Shame as they had a cool wimbeldon green color.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree, I dont think it looks good. However, I think it might be from the factory. Those seats are the ones found in the Westminster edition, only they are tan...my point is they are factory seats that I have never seen. Also, the red leather panels under the steering column and glovebox and on the door panels definatly look factory. The wood may have been cobbled off a 30th anniversary by the factory, because they had some left?

I know that LR produced a special editon with that red color scheme, it had a lightstone interior with red piping and red carpets. IMO this is the best color combination ever produced...but this to me looks like it could be for real.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
There's zero chance of that coming from the factory. The red leather on the steering wheel doesn't come close to matching the 'orange' wood on the dash. No way. That's a hip-hop wannabe job with no sense of matching. Just didn't spring for the lambo doors and 22's.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Going to teach you a south african word...that truck looks KAK.and dont ask what it means,i dont want to banned from the forum!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Kak is actually Welsh and as Welsh (the language of Wales, United Kindom) is the oldest living language it probably got imported down to you with our miners :lol: It caan't be Kak though, Kak is brown :lol:

:pray:

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
TehPriest said:
Kak is actually Welsh and as Welsh (the language of Wales, United Kindom) is the oldest living language it probably got imported down to you with our miners :lol: It caan't be Kak though, Kak is brown :lol:

:pray:
thats true, me having a dash of welsch blood in me

·
Registered
640 Posts
SteveG said:
If its a fake, how did they manage to get TAN wistminster (spelling) seats? those are definatly LR seats, and they only came in black.
The Seats are "Oxford Leather" which were a Option available on HSE's and various other Models not just Westminsters, and was also available in various colours.

Cheers

·
Registered
867 Posts
Yes, that is factory. The wheels were not, as the car came with standard hurricanes, but it is an Autobiography. Land Rover brought some here, all were Red with ran and red carpet, red piping.

It was never badged as an Autobio, but that is what the autobio in Europe was. It is considered a Special Edition.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
It sure doesn't look red to me. Looks more like a metallic reddish copper.

I got a dollar that says if you look close enough you'll find some overspray. Who lives close enough to go check it out?

·
Registered
517 Posts
SteveG said:
If its a fake, how did they manage to get TAN wistminster (spelling) seats? those are definatly LR seats, and they only came in black.
I'm pretty sure those seats are the optional Oxford leather ones that were available from the factory (about £2000).

Also it wouldn't surprise me if that was an Autobiography - a look on the slam panel would confirm that. When looking for our current RR I came across a hideous factory set up - 2 tone blue interior, including 2 tone steering wheel, seats, dash and door panels. Exterior was also 2 tone IIRC it was silver over blue.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts