RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '95 RRC softdash is in the shop getting a new heater core installed. Upon disassembly, the radio surround bezel and instrument bezel fell apart. Does anyone have a contact for these very rare pieces?

Much thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,414 Posts
use one out of a d2 needs a little custom cut, when my radio was stolen the thieves tore the rare bezel. I went to a junkyard, picked one out of a d1 and d2 plus the clocks.
a little trim at the top and nearly 10 yrs later still looks as if it belongs in there.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Paul Grant may have them - [email protected]

if you want OG parts your will pay for them in rarity costs...

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
My formerly pristine center bezel is now disintegrating. I'll need to take another look at the D1/2 pieces...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
I think he may have it on his list, but the mount tabs are the weak points, just like on the side mount tabs on the front HK speaker covers. The ABS plastic should be stronger than the original, but...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for everyone's input! I am now trying to source the original part as well as a unit from a D2. I had not considered the possibility of 3D printing, nor am I that skilled at such a thing. Who is Max and is there a way I can contact him?

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
Thanks for everyone's input! I am now trying to source the original part as well as a unit from a D2. I had not considered the possibility of 3D printing, nor am I that skilled at such a thing. Who is Max and is there a way I can contact him?

Thanks again!
His handle is "Belgian" on this forum as well as defendersource. He's pretty busy with his day job, but ISTR, he does have the center bezel on his list of parts to print. I have one of his dash bezels and it's made with hq ABS. It's a perfect match, but stronger than my original.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll reach out to Belgian and see what his estimated time frame is. I did have an email exchange with Paul Grant and he indicated that neither a center bezel from a D1 or D2 would remotely work. So the hunt continues...Thanks again for everyone's input!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts