Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have Rangerover L322 air has gone into a hard fault no height level lights checked everything relay ..fuses .. to bags .. and compressor.. buy putting a live feed all ok .. plugged up to my icarsoft 2.0v faults I have is code 36 eas ecu coding fault and code 57 suspension acitive /inactive also ecu memory fault ..cleared faults ..lights come back on for split second then go back off.. fault 57 and 36 come straight back ..so I think it’s the eas ecu .. this all happened after jump starting... could anybody tell me if I could swap eas ecu with a used one with same part number? Some people say yes it’s a straight swap .. others say no it needs coding.. spending a fortune on this motor... don’t just wanna keep buying parts for it .. out there every week doing something to it ... last was the starter motor what lovely job to do lol thanks for any help

·
Registered
2007 Range Rover 4.2 SC V8
233 Posts
I think your scan tool is not compatible. You should be getting a four digit code with a C,U or P prefix followed by a 2 digit suffix. I.e. X#### - ##. 8ve never heard of or seen the codes you are noting. I have swapped EAS modules with 'success'. You get a permanent fault when you scan it for a vin mismatch however it appeared to work. My problem was not the module so the oriental went back in. Did you try the SAS calibration? Can't help you much without the real codes

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes done the left to right full lock ... gonna buy other ecu and try that it was fine until it was jump started... also gonna change the piston ring on the compressor tomorrow thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also the icarsoft I have has full Landrover diagnostics Built in I can read and get into all systems on the car and clear all fault codes it’s just the eas ecu code comes straight back when cleared .. that’s why I think it’s the ecu ... everything else on the eas system seems fine

·
Registered
233 Posts
But the codes you're providing are not real...

·
Registered
233 Posts
T closest thing I can find to the faults you are reporting are not related to eas
Product Font Rectangle Art Circle

·
Registered
233 Posts
... need the obd2 standard code format as previously stated. Description of the fault is not as useful as the actual code. I don't understand how you could have an eeprom fault... The eeprom is would be telling you that the eeprom itself has a fault...

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Today it is 6 F and when i start the car the air suspension light is on but then it shuts off by itself (without touching anything) and car will not raise. When i shut off and restart air suspension light is on but then it shuts off as i assume car is trying to raise. the last several days (since a recent air spring change) it has come up but it was a lot milder outside (ie above freezing). Last night it was below 0 F so i left car in our garage with a heater set at 35 F. This morning light was on but no action, compressor exhausted, then ran for a few seconds. tapped the raise and the car came right up to offload height. Compressor ran for about 1 minute, hit the lower button and car dropped and hot dry air came from the compressor exhaust. All seems good but thinking its time to get storeys tool and determine what faults occurred. The compressor is an AMK BH42 3 bB484 CB with a 2016 build date (done before me) and the suspension has worked flawlessly (for 36 months) until the drivers air spring started to fail and then failed. Can the lock to lock calibration do anything for the air suspension? Have not disconnected the battery so if that might be of use i will. thx.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
27 Posts
Look at the lil by pass thingys! They are on the passenger side, front is just behind the wheel to the rear behind the plastic wheel well liner, rear is up under behind the wheel. If they get a speck of dust in em after years of use they need to be cleaned is all. They come apart real easy and can be cleaned up easy too. Just remember what goes where< take picture of movie so you have no issues butting it back together. Also NOTE: where you removed witch hose/line you unplug, mark them with tape is what I did before I took it out. Keep doing maintenance on your compressor often too.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4 Posts
Hi I have Rangerover L322 air has gone into a hard fault no height level lights checked everything relay ..fuses .. to bags .. and compressor.. buy putting a live feed all ok .. plugged up to my icarsoft 2.0v faults I have is code 36 eas ecu coding fault and code 57 suspension acitive /inactive also ecu memory fault ..cleared faults ..lights come back on for split second then go back off.. fault 57 and 36 come straight back ..so I think it’s the eas ecu .. this all happened after jump starting... could anybody tell me if I could swap eas ecu with a used one with same part number? Some people say yes it’s a straight swap .. others say no it needs coding.. spending a fortune on this motor... don’t just wanna keep buying parts for it .. out there every week doing something to it ... last was the starter motor what lovely job to do lol thanks for any help
You might need a new battery

1 - 11 of 11 Posts