RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we have been looking to add another Range Rover to our collection and finally found one that we wanted. After contacting the Land Rover dealer (which was in another state) we found that the prices are in concrete (wont budge a $100). Funny thing is, I was not really looking for any real dollars off, I would have bought it if they told me they would pick me up from the airport, but they did not even offer that so I said thank you and ended our interest in their Range Rover.

I can't help to think that Land Rover Dealers are just living off an image. I am about 100% sure that the Range Rovers are not moving very fast off the lots.

Well on with our search again, maybe with the new year around the corner we might find the right one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
646 Posts
Hi Darrin,

I agree with you, I think at some point if your dealer continues to not budge on price they will be liquidated soon. It makes absolutely no sense to me what is going on right now. Same this is occuring with home appliances. Suppossedly home appliance sales are so bad that congress is debating having a bail out program for those companies. But when I walk into most of the applaince stores in my area most are trying to sell at full retail and wont budge on price. We are in strange times right now where logic seems to be thrown out the window.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
search for your new rover the way i did...

ebay and craigslist, but one special key stroke...

search by private seller only, no dealers!

Ive got a dealers license and ive gotten all of my RR's through the auction except for the last one... why? Ive learned my lesson. Sure you save some money buying wholesale but you cannot put a price tag on a valid history or a vehicle that has had a loving owner, two things a used car at a dealership will never have, no matter how bad they lie about "knowing" the story on a vehicle.

And lets be real for a second, when your talking about a vehicle like the ones made by Land Rover, they are touchy. You want one that has had an owner that opted for the OEM part over generic, or ran it on premium gas, or put synthetic oil in it, did the routine maintenance, you get the point...

otherwise youll be paying for it later on.

the only difference between a vehicle from the auction and a dealership is a 5k markup, at least private party vehicles you can meet/talk to the current owner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
I am a Canadian and started looking at Range Rovers in Washington State (saved about $6,000 after taxes, duty and exchange). I found a perfect one at the Fife Land Rover Dealership just south of Seattle. On the day of pick up I took a Greyhound Bus from Vancouver to Seattle and the salesman met me at the terminal and drove me the 35 minutes to the dealership. I guess someone people still believe in 'customer satisfaction'. I would deal with those guys anytime.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
The dealer that I am servicing at now sold 27 Land Rovers last weekend. I've been watching the auctions. I can't figure out why but it's slim pickings out there.

d
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RRDave said:
The dealer that I am servicing at now sold 27 Land Rovers last weekend. I've been watching the auctions. I can't figure out why but it's slim pickings out there.

d
WOW, I would ask that guy to check his facts. I have never heard of any Lot selling 27 Rovers in a weekend or for that fact even having 27 Rovers on his lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
Land Rover Austin which is not a huge market currently has 34 new Rovers and 26 used Rovers. The new 2010s are not being discounted and are selling briskly. It should slow down though. The OP didn't mention which vehicle his dealer would not discount. New 09 HSE's can easily be found for $15,000+ off while the new 2010 HSE/SC is not being discounted by most dealers yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
darrinturner said:
RRDave said:
The dealer that I am servicing at now sold 27 Land Rovers last weekend. I've been watching the auctions. I can't figure out why but it's slim pickings out there.

d
WOW, I would ask that guy to check his facts. I have never heard of any Lot selling 27 Rovers in a weekend or for that fact even having 27 Rovers on his lot.
I was there last night. They have that many Rovers. That would be lot(S) as in Plural :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
I have noticed more new Range Rovers and less new large S or 7 sedans. The Range Rover is quieter about it's cost which is a good thing in the current economy. A big black S63 is not the thing to be driving right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
The local RR dealer in Frisco TX is also selling, the lot is constantly changing and my buddy their tells me their sales are doing well ..........
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,410 Posts
nsxxtreme said:
Same this is occuring with home appliances. Suppossedly home appliance sales are so bad that congress is debating having a bail out program for those companies. But when I walk into most of the applaince stores in my area most are trying to sell at full retail and wont budge on price. We are in strange times right now where logic seems to be thrown out the window.
Sorry, this is OT, but I just had this mental pic of the Maytag salesman now hanging out with the Maytag repairman. Made me chuckle.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top