RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are Range Rovers seen as reliable, respected, luxury vehicles in the UK? I know this is a weird question, but I just saw comments on a YouTube video in which posters from the UK were slamming them as expensive, unreliable and saying that most of the natives stay away from them.

If you're not mechanically inclined, maintenance could get out of hand in the US where they are seen as exotic, expensive luxury vehicles. I've never owned or driven a Cadillac Escalade or Chevy Tahoe LTZ but because they are domestic brands, a lot of Americans don't see them as luxury vehicles. Is that the way those brands are seen in the UK?

I'm looking at upgrading my '03 Rover to a newer model. The '07-'09 models seem to be the most reliable edition unless I could find a '10-'13 that had the timing guides replaced or with a very good warranty. I love my Rover as it is the first luxury vehicle I've owned. Before this, I had a 1999 Isuzu Trooper for 16 years. Very little maintenance and had over 240,000 miles (super reliable Honda engine). Biggest repair was replacing the starter for $650, everything else was original.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
102 Posts
LR get three in the worst 5 according to this survey

Least reliable cars in the What Car? Reliability Survey 2018:

1. Tesla Model S (2013 - Present)
Reliability Ranking - 50.9 per cent
2.Land Rover Range Rover (2013 - present)
Reliability Ranking - 67.3 per cent
3. Ford Edge Diesel (2016 - present)
Reliability Ranking - 70.7 per cent
4.Land Rover Range Rover Evoque (2011 - present)
Reliability Ranking - 73.2 per cent
5.Land Rover Discovery Sport (2015 - present)
Reliability Ranking - 74.7 per cent

But my 2010 TDV8 is utterly reliable - after the factory recall in 2012 sorted out the sotware problem which drained the battery after a few days of non-use.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts