RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm newly registered. I have some questions to ask and also i would like to take your opinions regarding the above matter...

I'm from Kuwait, the weather is HOT .. when I say hot, i mean like in summer it reaches 50C, I would like to buy a car I am a bit confused, I'm in love with Range Rover haha. really i like the design and all, also I'm recently starting to like Mercedes G 500 ... both are strong competitors, anyways ....
my questions are:

1. Which is better Range Rover Classic or Sport?
2. If Sport or Classic is better, then compare it to G 500, which is better?
3. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each .... (G and RR)
4. I've seen some pictures of Range Rover classic/sport 2010 with the new exterior design ... are they gonna stick to this or they'll change it on 2012?
I really dont want to buy a car with this price and after two years they change the design:/... i liked G Class because of this case, the design is the same since ever..
I know am in R.R forum and probably everyone would recommend R.R. But please help me on this ... am really confused!
:think:

·
Registered
405 Posts
The G and Range Rover HSE are both very nice cars. I traded in a G55 on a 2009 HSE. The Range Rover is much more comfortable and has a lot more features. The G is loud, it rides very rough and there exists chronic problems of shaking at highway speeds. The backseat in the G is smaller and really not comfortable for long trips with adults whereas the backseat in the rover is very comfortable. Gs, just like Ranger Rovers can have a lot of problems however my 08 and 09 RRs have had no problems. Offroad it is a draw IMO. The G has a front locker however the ride height is better in the Rover. Gs also come stock with horrible offroad tires. I still have a soft spot for the G because it is more of a single purpose vehicle like a Defender and it looks better IMO at least from a off road perspective. The G is great as a toy provided you don't plan on taking any long trips in it and have other vehicles for taking passengers. The Range Rover is a much better all around vehicle.

Comparing the HSE to the Sport is a little different. The Sport looks better however the HSE rides much better, has comfortable seating for 4 adults that the Sport does not have and the interior finish out is much better however the 2010 Sport interior is a big improvement. I tried a Sport but my 2 teenage sons would not be comfortable in the backseat on trips.

It really depends on your needs and desires. I use the Rover as both an SUV and a comfortable 4 seated sedan. I have other cars for sport driving.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
237 Posts
1. RR Classic is on a platform developed by BMW, monocoque and rather stable (not without its problems). The ride is in my opinion better than in a RRS, which uses the LR3/Discovery 3 platform with a separate chassis and a monocoque one too (!?), and this platform has A LOT of problems, just check the RRS and LR3 forums.
2. Really, the G serves another purpose, it's more utilitarian imho. You can use the RR at the farm but at the opera too. It's a palace inside.
3. Haven't used the G but it looks uglier. The RR is very classy, very comfortable, but has a lot of problems, both electronic and mechanic.
4. A lot of people say LR will change the design completely in 2012. After all, the present RR started in 2002. However, with the recession and Tata, who knows?

·
Registered
687 Posts
If you want a car that wont have a design change for a while get the G, because it will probably look the same for a Million years from today. But as for the RR it's hard to say because the current design is getting a bit old now, and a new design might be coming within a few years. All i can say it, do what your heart tells you to buy XD :lol:

D

·
0 Posts
I wonder how many of us remember Thi?
Surprised that he has not chimed in on this question

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
560 Posts
I think he is long gone he hasn't commented in a really really long time. I wonder if his G got stuck in the mud and he got lost walking back to civilization.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Perhaps the OP meant to compare the RR to the GL Class not the G?
If so then the GL is a big step up from the BMW TD6 in engine refinement and performance but engine technology moves on apace so the TDV6 and V8 are very competitive. As for general refinment and performance on and off road goes then they are all superb and I wouldn't refuse to drive any modern LR model [except Defender] or Mercedes ML/GL.
Just had a demo in the 2010 model RR and it is awesome. The instruments, centre screen, general build quality and style in and out is amazing. I had a 04 TD6 and it was 100% reliable over the 35000 miles I had it. The best built car I've ever had, and I've had a few.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts