RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently Broke the Ring Gear on my 1995 County LWB which put a hole in the axle housing. Haven't had any luck tracking down a 95 RRC rear axle assembly near me but have found a few Discovery ones. Does anyone know if they will bolt up to the Range Rover mounts? The Discovery is a 1996 series 1 the Range Rover will be getting a coil spring conversion at the same time as the swap. Just want to make sure before I buy anything

·
Registered
967 Posts
I would think the rear on the disco would be the same as the 95
The swivel balls in
the front are the same
I took some from a 96 and put them on a 91
You should be able to cross reference

·
Registered
249 Posts
Recently Broke the Ring Gear on my 1995 County LWB which put a hole in the axle housing. Haven't had any luck tracking down a 95 RRC rear axle assembly near me but have found a few Discovery ones. Does anyone know if they will bolt up to the Range Rover mounts? The Discovery is a 1996 series 1 the Range Rover will be getting a coil spring conversion at the same time as the swap. Just want to make sure before I buy anything

Call Lee at English Swedish Spare in Alpharetta, Georgie - I know he has a 95' RRC.

Also, the D1 rear axle is interchangeable with the late model classic.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
If you want to upgrade, get the 24 spline rear diff with rear axle shafts. Easy swap, takes a couple hours.

And in the front do the same, diff, axles shafts and CV's. Did it to mine. Its all bolt up and easy to do.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
the 95 came equipped with 24 spline axles, thus it is a direct replacement with a disco 1 any year as all discos were 24 spline and abs set ups.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank y'all for the help! I'll call the salvage yard and pick one up this weekend!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts