RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, this is my first post here.

I am currently trying to figure out the height measurement for my range rover sport for a modification that i would like to apply on it. I checked out the owner handbook that the car comes with and various measurements were listed.

• 1. standard road height = 1780mm (70.1)
  • 2. with roof antenna module = 1801mm (70.9)
  • 3. maximum with sunroof open= 1817mm (71.5)
My question is, are these heights based on when the car is resting or when the car is moving as the suspension varies based on these two actions and how accurate these height are.

(Tried out measuring the car by myself, always off by 4 to 5 cm that what was listed)

Thanks.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
90 Posts
That is the standard ride height.
But in my books is different. For a 2016.
  • 1. standard ride height = 1781mm (70.1)
  • 2. with roof antenna module = 1803mm (70.9)
  • 3. maximum with sunroof open= 1817mm (71.5)
Acess height air suspension setting will reduce each of the above by 50mm (1.97in)

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
90 Posts
^^ I don't think that is true but I'm curious to hear .
In my opinion, the total diameter of the mags and tires should be the same because the car "doesn't know" if it rides on 20, 21 or 22 inches tires or else the speed reading wouldn't be accurate. So it needs to be set for a standard total diameter. Let's say we take 24' overall diameter:
a 22' mags will have 2" of rubber.
a 21 mag wil have 3" of rubber.
a 20 mag will have 4' of rubber.

But as mentioned already, the overall diameter of all three wheels is 24" so the speed reading would be the same independently on the size of the mag.

Of course, logically, having the same overall wheel diameter , the height of the mag + tire would be the same on 20 , 21 and 22.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts