RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this might be a long shot but our Range Rover 2008 sports SE's engine seized back in July with no prior warning or anything. The vehicle was originally replaced with a new engine in 2014 due to a different fault and has warranty till Nov 2016. Range Rover had done tests and concluded that the injectors caused engine failure so warranty cannot be covered. They cannot test the Siemens Injector to prove this though. their customer service was disappointing from the beginning with the dealer blaming the LR customer service and vice versa for not being able to make decisions and move with next steps. Now my car has been at the dealership over a month and looks like LR dealer is trying to fob off new engine cost onto me. They are being vague with their findings and when asked for detailed reports not providing them. One of the Service guy accidently accepted it was a mechanical fault on the engine in a conversation but now insists its the injector which can not be tested? what can i do? Any help or Advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
139 Posts
Now, that is just ridiculous. They can diagnose the injector to confirm or deny that they are faulty and yet blame them for engine failure.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
809 Posts
I can't even see how an injector could cause a seized engine. The only way would be litteraly pouring gas into the cylinder which would have shown up in billows of black smoke and a horrible running engine throwing codes up the wazoo. No way. The cats, O2 sensors, everything would have been going wacky.

·
Registered
104 Posts
That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard a injector can not cause a seized engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
139 Posts
Get an attorney involved just for the sake of teaching scum a lesson. The only way faulty injector could harm the engine is to fill up with gasoline but it is literally impossible for injector to fill up a combustion chamber with liquid to cause hydraulic impact while engine is rotating. They BSing to you hoping that you will give up and walk away. I just talked to my LR tech (he is a foreman mech. at LR Dealer) hi said that not a single time he had significant issues from injectors on NON Direct injected Jaguar engines, at least nothing that cleaning would not solve. What he did mention is that one of the customers had a PCV valve system failure that cause the engine to consume all oil and cease very quickly.
Bottom line is that you should get that "Fuel Injector Cased engine to cease" crap on record, get Dictaphone or ask for official report, get a car out of that place, talk to the attorney, take it to independent tech who can exam and give you a report about what real problem is and sue for new engine, attorney fees, additional expenses (towing, cost of independent estimate, etc.), personal struggle, etc.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The 2006 and above motors do not have the pcv valve problem that's only on the 2003/05 Bmw motor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts