RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would post for anyone curious about trade value for the RRS. I bought my 2016 in Dec 2015, the sticker was $93k. I paid $90k. Trade values I received so far have been between $49k - $52,500. I could sell private party for more but prefer not to deal with hassle of meeting people to check out the SUV.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey thanks for the info. We are looking at picking up our first RR Sport in a few months, the updated 2018 Supercharged one. How many miles did you put on it over the last 3 years? It looks like you it only will have cost you about $14,000 a year to own it which isn't that bad if you really enjoyed it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks for the info. We are looking at picking up our first RR Sport in a few months, the updated 2018 Supercharged one. How many miles did you put on it over the last 3 years? It looks like you it only will have cost you about $14,000 a year to own it which isn't that bad if you really enjoyed it.
I put quite a few miles on mine in 3 years of ownership. 50K miles. The land rover dealership I bought my rover from offered the least amount ($47K) and a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep dealership offered the highest value at $52,500 both offers are without me buying a vehicle from them. Carmax and Carvana were in between those two amounts.

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,169 Posts
Good info to have. I also have a 2016 V8 with a little over 50k miles. Sticker was $89k which is what I paid. I imagine my values are somewhere similar. The current plan is to keep until 90k miles or so, which hopefully will coincide with the next generation full size or sport.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
910 Posts
Thought I would post for anyone curious about trade value for the RRS. I bought my 2016 in Dec 2015, the sticker was $93k. I paid $90k. Trade values I received so far have been between $49k - $52,500. I could sell private party for more but prefer not to deal with hassle of meeting people to check out the SUV.
Have you ever tried webuyanycar.com

They seem to be pretty good and accurate. I use that to value all my cars before going to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Its' crazy man. I sold my 2014 in Feb of 2018 (This year) for $50k. And my MSRP was only $82k. I don't know what happened between Feb and now but it seems the prices took a dive.
Now I'm trying to sell my 2016 SVR and it looks like $72k is the cap. Which seems kinda low to me but I guess ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am dealing with the same issue on the value of the car now. Own a 2015 HSE Sport that I love and lease is done. Cost me more to buy than it is worth by the time I add tax. Not totally in love with the changes of the grill on a 2019 and the interior dash area feels a little cheap to me (or maybe I am imagining that). Thoughts please?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’m looking to trade my RRS towards a full sized RR and my dealer gave me a number that is 53% of original sticker on a 2016 diesel with 25k miles. I’m amazed at how much the value tanked.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
55 Posts
I am dealing with the same issue on the value of the car now. Own a 2015 HSE Sport that I love and lease is done. Cost me more to buy than it is worth by the time I add tax. Not totally in love with the changes of the grill on a 2019 and the interior dash area feels a little cheap to me (or maybe I am imagining that). Thoughts please?
Make the lease holder an offer based upon what the market will bear. They really don't want the vehicle back. Or work with your dealer. Have the dealer buy the vehicle, they get a reduced price (wholesale) if the lease holder is Land Rover, then buy it from them. Some dealers will do this if they know the vehicle will be sold and don't have to bring it into inventory and will give you a good deal while making a quick buck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts