RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer was telling me that my sport would come with either continental, michellen, or good year tires. I was just wondering what most of you guys got. I never heard of continental before probably because I have never had an SUV, are they any good?

·
Registered
99 Posts
The HSE Sport comes with Continental Cross Contact UHP tires that are made for summer driving. Continental makes another tire called Winter Contact which is very similar looking to the Cross but made for snowy conditions. I will most likely be getting these just to stick with the same brand the manufacturer provides. Continental is a very reputable brand, in fact Mercedes and BMW use them very often.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've taken the Continental Cross Contact tires on some vigorous off-road adventures, and they held up well. I was skeptical taking them off-road due to their low profile design (I didn't want to deflate them too much), but apart from a stiffer than usual ride on the rocks and boulders, they felt pretty good.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well that's good to know. I think I will test the Cross ones out in the early snow this coming winter and see how they act. Hopefully they will be fine and I won't have to switch them out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts