RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all my range rover sport 2008 3.6 TDV8, Is still coming up with suspension fault even though it has recently had a brand new compressor and a new rear anti roll bar with ace suspension unit. I`m not 100% sure where to go or what to do next. I have attached a pic of my 4x4 screen information, Looking at it would you say its correct and it doesn't seem to fully line up to me. Any help will be appreciated I am based in west midlands UK

20190217_135728.jpg

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
That doesn't look lined up to you?

what error codes are you pulling? If you don't diagnostics gear how did you arrive at a new compressor and ACE Unit?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for replying, it's been an ongoing issue over the past few months, compressor was replaced under warranty , which did fix the problems but then I had a leaking ace bar, but now that's fixed I still have a red suspension light

·
Registered
3 Posts
Finally after replacing my air compressor for the 2nd time, I tossed my hands up and purchased all the components to do a full conversion from air shock system to new coil spring with shocks. We finished it last night and I am extremely pleased with the results. I should have done this the first time I had an issue!!! The ride is fantastic, consistent and over the long term more cost effective. Why manufacturers want to screw up a good thing I don't know. If you ever have problems with the air system, make an immediate move. You'll be pleased. There are too many fault points with an air system. coil spings.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Finally after replacing my air compressor for the 2nd time, I tossed my hands up and purchased all the components to do a full conversion from air shock system to new coil spring with shocks. We finished it last night and I am extremely pleased with the results. I should have done this the first time I had an issue!!! The ride is fantastic, consistent and over the long term more cost effective. Why manufacturers want to screw up a good thing I don't know. If you ever have problems with the air system, make an immediate move. You'll be pleased. There are too many fault points with an air system. View attachment 270822
Exactly what I did. I put the HD OME system on, giving me around a 2" lift. Bought some 18" wheels off an LR3 and put 275/65's on it. It's what Land Rover should have done from the start!

Blasphemy to some here, but that's fine...y'all keep pouring thousands of dollars on a sub-$10k Rover!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you want to keep the air suspension and don't want to take it to the shop to get fixed, get yourself a code reader that can talk to the different modules on the car, specifically the suspension.

I have this one, and while it's very ****ty (horrible interface, doesnt do as much as other units can), it has been useful to find out exactly what the air suspension is complaining about:

https://www.amazon.ca/iCarsoft-i930-Vehicle-Diagnostic-Multi-System/dp/B00S5AB54W/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=obd2+scanner+land+rover&qid=1552017293&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Once you have some error codes you'll find much more information is available.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
159 Posts
Blasphemy!

Ha,

Honestly I love the air suspension, but i also dont mind spending a few bucks to keep it every few years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts