Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all my range rover sport 2008 3.6 TDV8, Is still coming up with suspension fault even though it has recently had a brand new compressor and a new rear anti roll bar with ace suspension unit. I`m not 100% sure where to go or what to do next. I have attached a pic of my 4x4 screen information, Looking at it would you say its correct and it doesn't seem to fully line up to me. Any help will be appreciated I am based in west midlands UK

Electronics Technology Automotive wheel system Auto part Electronic device

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
That doesn't look lined up to you?

what error codes are you pulling? If you don't diagnostics gear how did you arrive at a new compressor and ACE Unit?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx for replying, it's been an ongoing issue over the past few months, compressor was replaced under warranty , which did fix the problems but then I had a leaking ace bar, but now that's fixed I still have a red suspension light

·
Registered
6 Posts
Finally after replacing my air compressor for the 2nd time, I tossed my hands up and purchased all the components to do a full conversion from air shock system to new coil spring with shocks. We finished it last night and I am extremely pleased with the results. I should have done this the first time I had an issue!!! The ride is fantastic, consistent and over the long term more cost effective. Why manufacturers want to screw up a good thing I don't know. If you ever have problems with the air system, make an immediate move. You'll be pleased. There are too many fault points with an air system. Auto part Coil spring Suspension part Suspension Automotive engine part

·
Registered
17 Posts
Finally after replacing my air compressor for the 2nd time, I tossed my hands up and purchased all the components to do a full conversion from air shock system to new coil spring with shocks. We finished it last night and I am extremely pleased with the results. I should have done this the first time I had an issue!!! The ride is fantastic, consistent and over the long term more cost effective. Why manufacturers want to screw up a good thing I don't know. If you ever have problems with the air system, make an immediate move. You'll be pleased. There are too many fault points with an air system. View attachment 270822
Exactly what I did. I put the HD OME system on, giving me around a 2" lift. Bought some 18" wheels off an LR3 and put 275/65's on it. It's what Land Rover should have done from the start!

Blasphemy to some here, but that's fine...y'all keep pouring thousands of dollars on a sub-$10k Rover!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you want to keep the air suspension and don't want to take it to the shop to get fixed, get yourself a code reader that can talk to the different modules on the car, specifically the suspension.

I have this one, and while it's very ****ty (horrible interface, doesnt do as much as other units can), it has been useful to find out exactly what the air suspension is complaining about:

https://www.amazon.ca/iCarsoft-i930...er+land+rover&qid=1552017293&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Once you have some error codes you'll find much more information is available.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
160 Posts
Blasphemy!

Ha,

Honestly I love the air suspension, but i also dont mind spending a few bucks to keep it every few years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts