Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Range Rover Sport LED Daytime Running Lights - Not possible in North America???

Hi everyone,

Looking to spice up my 2010 Range Rover Sport Autobiography. There are OEM LED Daytime running lights you can install on the autobiography bumper. I called my local dealers and both of them said it is impossible to install them? Are they crazy? Apparently they have tried and they cannot get them to work...

Here is a link to the eBay add selling them:http://www.ebay.com/itm/RANGE-ROVER...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3383fe824f&vxp=mtr

Regards,
B
From Vancouver, BC, Canada

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
290 Posts
Re: Range Rover Sport LED Daytime Running Lights - Not possible in North America???

I'm no mechanic, and put these on my GT Limited in a few hours. (GT has the same Auto-Bio front end). Seems like if they can't do something this simple, I wouldn't trust them to do anything else on my RRS.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
985 Posts
Re: Range Rover Sport LED Daytime Running Lights - Not possible in North America???

Do they light up the back lights also. If not what would be the purpose. During low light where headlights are needed for seeing but rather to BE seen you would still need to have your lights on.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts

:?: DRLs have never meant to light the rear lights. DRLs are for oncoming traffic only.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I was just getting bored of the truck and thought I would change it up a bit. I see so many people running these DRLS on the net but haven't seen any locally here. Perhaps its not possible in Canada? (Some sort of computer program mishap?)

I dont want to buy them and get stuck with them.... really boggles my mind. Both dealers in my area confirmed its not possible to install these :S

·
Premium Member
985 Posts

:?: DRLs have never meant to light the rear lights. DRLs are for oncoming traffic only.
Then why bother calling them running lights? Just call them headlights. :)

My biggest issue is that people that have them, that do not have automatic lights under low light conditions never seem to turn their lights on when needed. Rain, Fog, etc. If the back lights aren't on the people behind you wont see you at a safe distance.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts

Why do people drive with their parking lights on? Why do people blind the folks behind them with rear fog lights when it is clear? Why when a door isn;t latched it is called a jar?

The world may never know... 8-|=

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts

Why do people drive with their parking lights on? Why do people blind the folks behind them with rear fog lights when it is clear? Why when a door isn;t latched it is called a jar?

The world may never know... 8-|=
Why do people park in a driveway and drive on a parkway?
Why do you take a dump when you actually leave it?

·
Premium Member
985 Posts

Why hasn't the word "shat" taken off as an exceptionable term for "going to take a..." Cuts down on a lot of words not needed.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
77 Posts

What’s occasional furniture the rest of the time ?

If you fly at the speed of light what happens when you put your lights on ?

God Bless you Steven !

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
335 Posts

I installed these in my HST lower bumer as well as the headlights....this is a 2006, not a 2010

Attachments

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,015 Posts

Hi everyone,

Looking to spice up my 2010 Range Rover Sport Autobiography. There are OEM LED Daytime running lights you can install on the autobiography bumper. I called my local dealers and both of them said it is impossible to install them? Are they crazy? Apparently they have tried and they cannot get them to work...

Here is a link to the eBay add selling them:http://www.ebay.com/itm/RANGE-ROVER...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3383fe824f&vxp=mtr

Regards,
B
From Vancouver, BC, Canada

Not possible in Canada. Don't ask me why, but the kit / accessories brochure for my LR4 - which has that same accessory in its catalog - specifically states that those LED front bumper strips are not available in Canada. Your dealer won't install them, not because they don't know how but because they are not supposed to... Try an indy shop if you must have them anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.