RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Team,

Forgive my naive question but I have searched the forum and not found an answer. I have to return my car at the end of the month and I was wondering if I had to get a third party inspection. I keep getting mail about this. I don't want to get screwed over by the dealer as I am not getting another range rover. I know, I'm sad too. I am under miles and have had no issues with the car. I got an annual inspection 3 months ago as well and aside for brake pads, no issues. Any advice about lease turn ins would be helpful. Thank you.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
239 Posts
Would check tire tread depth, wheel damage and look for door dings and windshield chips. Wheel repair usually runs around $125 per wheel vs. new wheels at $400+. Chip repair and paintless dent removal are cheap compared to windshield replacement or paint work and dealers routinely utilize these types of services themselves. Obviously it's difficult to know how picky the dealer will be vs. paying for remedial work in advance so maybe addressing the worst/most obvious items would be cost effective. Comprehensive insurance coverage would replace glass but be subject to your deductible and some carriers will waive the deductible for windshield repairs.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
127 Posts
In my experience the dealerships are very forgiving with lease returns, particularly if you're flipping into a new vehicle. I recall a while back with BMW that they had a little circle thing, so dents smaller than the circle were like $100 and over the circle $300. I don't recall the exact numbers but they were very little, far less than say repairing it myself. Small scratches or anything else that is normal wear & tear for a 3-year-old car will not be charged and included in the generic "lease turn-in fee".

I didn't even think you're responsible for minimum wheel tread or anything else required prior to them re-selling it, i.e., that's their responsibility.

What they very much care about is the mileage on the vehicle and if you're over your lease term restrictions, though again you can probably get some forgiveness if leasing/buying another vehicle with them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts