RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Range Rover sport supercharged
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I just joined the forum with an issue that’s been bugging me for a while. I can’t find the g4 or any other ladder for my sport anywhere! I know they’re a discontinued product but I was hoping someone knew of a company with new old stock? Or used? Aftermarket? I really appreciate the help guys and gals!

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,157 Posts
i'm not aware of anyone else making a ladder. i gave up on dealers having old stock b/c they all wanted the full $700+ price. have you tried custom fabricator? i found my OEM ladder on eBay for less than half price.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm not aware of anyone else making a ladder. i gave up on dealers having old stock b/c they all wanted the full $700+ price. have you tried custom fabricator? i found my OEM ladder on eBay for less than half price.
I’m keeping an eye on eBay...I haven’t approached anyone but lucky 8 so far regarding building a ladder and they have no plans for one. I’d just really like to get the oem g4 ladder it’s just impossible to find as I’m 10 years behind!! 😂

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Didn't Tactical Rovers buy the design for the Rover Specialties sliders? Maybe they'll make you a ladder. I figure anyone you go to that's not local to you would need to have a project L320 in their shop to fabricate against - esp for a ladder. Baja Rack might be another long shot. Not sure they have an L320 because the one on their site was PJPR01s (blue one) and mine (black one), but they make a ladder for the 4Runner so who knows. Agreed that it's likely easier to find the OEM ladder.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't Tactical Rovers buy the design for the Rover Specialties sliders? Maybe they'll make you a ladder. I figure anyone you go to that's not local to you would need to have a project L320 in their shop to fabricate against - esp for a ladder. Baja Rack might be another long shot. Not sure they have an L320 because the one on their site was PJPR01s (blue one) and mine (black one), but they make a ladder for the 4Runner so who knows. Agreed that it's likely easier to find the OEM ladder.
Doesn’t appear that tactical makes anything for the sport. All discovery. Hmm, yeah I suppose I could take it to a local shop...but I think I’ll just have to wait till someone is ready to give one up! 😢

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I found one!!! New old stock but doesn’t have hardware...They want full price for it, though! 795.00 to my door. I mean I can make some brackets but that seems steep for not having the hardware...

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
yeah that's not very nice. have a look at the instructions and confirm what's missing so you have an idea of what you need to make. IIRC might just be two brackets.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I’m not going to fork out 800.00 for an incomplete ladder. Does anyone know of a fellow owner looking to sell?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey man, I actually just got mine from Lucky 8 about a month ago. Came complete with everything. The OEM brackets are kind of wild looking and might be a real PITA to fabricate. Apparently, I got one of the last ones or possibly even the last one because my local dealer couldn't even get it. Call Lucky8 and see if they can source you another one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey man, I actually just got mine from Lucky 8 about a month ago. Came complete with everything. The OEM brackets are kind of wild looking and might be a real PITA to fabricate. Apparently, I got one of the last ones or possibly even the last one because my local dealer couldn't even get it. Call Lucky8 and see if they can source you another one.
****! Looks like you got the last one in the whole world! Haha, I gave up. I’m not going to pay full price for an incomplete ladder either. I’ll just keep checking ebay...😢

·
Registered
67 Posts
I went down the same road seeking a G4 ladder and roof rack (Expedition Rack Dillema). I purchased a NOS ladder last year for my 2013 Sport, however, I had to have it custom installed due to the included brackets as they were designed to work with older Sports (was told it would work with my 2013 when I purchased - not true). I think I still have the original mounting hardware - PM me if interested.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts