RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since anyone posted anything about pulley upgrades on the supercharged RRs. I'm just getting my 5.0 supercharged sport upgraded with both top and bottom crank pulley and a custom map. Will post as job progress's.

Currently dyno results show 561bhp. That's with k&n filters and akrapovic exhaust.

Will post results from pulley and ecu upgrade soon!

·
Registered
200 Posts
It's been a while since anyone posted anything about pulley upgrades on the supercharged RRs. I'm just getting my 5.0 supercharged sport upgraded with both top and bottom crank pulley and a custom map. Will post as job progress's.

Currently dyno results show 561bhp. That's with k&n filters and akrapovic exhaust.

Will post results from pulley and ecu upgrade soon!
Looking forward to your results. Most data I have seen on running both pulleys is you end up over spinning the blower past its rated redline of 18,000 RPMs which is fine for a short pull here and there but the added heat limits the gains beyond just running the crank pulley. It'll be great to see some actual data.

Guessing the 561 is an at the crank estimated value?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Nice! Thank you for posting the Dyno sheet. Looks in line with what others have seen on the 5.0 SC in the RRS. I'm sure its a blast to drive and that exhaust sounds great!

No matter what is done the Supercharger is the bottleneck at @ 650 crank HP. It is a TVS 1900 unit that is very good for what it is. Until someone swaps it out for a TVS 2300 or TVS 2650 we'll be stuck at @650 crank.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My word what a difference!!! Absolutely turned into a monster! The pull is felt right away and straight through the whole rev range! Nothing stops it from screaming for more power! The pull just keeps coming even at 90mph plus it pulls like it's in second gear! The sound has also improved somehow! It was a very wet ride. So hopefully the weather improves on the weekend and then I will give it the beans. I've posted dyno video so you can hear the beast.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,550 Posts
Looks like a great improvement. Strange graph though. The hp and torque curves are supposed to cross at 5250 rpm. They do in the green graph but not even close in the red pull.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport SCV8 HSE Dynamic
521 Posts
If I may ask, what did these upgrade cost?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts