RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I hope someone can help us. We have a Range Rover Sport 2005 and need to access the airbag module that is located in the centre consul in front of the gear lever. We have tried but are having trouble removing the centre consul to access it and do not want to force it in case we break the consul. Can anyone tell us how to remove the centre consul to access the airbag module? Many thanks in advance.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
I've never accessed that area, but it looks like fun... not.

Start by removing the Terrain Response switchgear:[attachment=3:10yvwjux]ridehandlingswitchremove.pdf[/attachment:10yvwjux]
Then remove the floor console upper panel:[attachment=2:10yvwjux]floorconsoleupperpanelremove.pdf[/attachment:10yvwjux]
Finally, remove the lower floor console and you will gain access to the restraints control module:[attachment=1:10yvwjux]floorconsoleremoval.pdf[/attachment:10yvwjux][attachment=0:10yvwjux]rcmremoval.pdf[/attachment:10yvwjux]

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, you are a superstar. Thank you so much for taking the time to send such a detailed reply. Big thank you.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
LoubyLou said:
Wow, you are a superstar. Thank you so much for taking the time to send such a detailed reply. Big thank you.
All the more remarkable in that it was all downloaded and sent via a waterproof wireless handheld while swimming with manta rays. :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
May I ask why you need to access the Restraints Control Module? You do not need to remove the center console to access or remove the module. When everything is loosened, the rear of the console can be raised to allow sufficient access. ibis1 ;)

·
Registered
748 Posts
if you take out the module and do not tighten it down to spec it will make lots of codes. If you tip the module and turn the key on all the airbags will blow off. Heard a story about a tech that did that in another dealer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for your advice here. Yep, don't worry, we won't be setting off the airbags - we will disconnect everything first. The car was in a bump, so an airbag went off and we need to re-set the RCM now that we have fitted the new one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've never accessed that area, but it looks like fun... not.

Start by removing the Terrain Response switchgear:[attachment=3:10yvwjux]ridehandlingswitchremove.pdf[/attachment:10yvwjux]
Then remove the floor console upper panel:[attachment=2:10yvwjux]floorconsoleupperpanelremove.pdf[/attachment:10yvwjux]
Finally, remove the lower floor console and you will gain access to the restraints control module:[attachment=1:10yvwjux]floorconsoleremoval.pdf[/attachment:10yvwjux][attachment=0:10yvwjux]rcmremoval.pdf[/attachment:10yvwjux]
Hi there im in the process of changing the dash in my range Rover Sport as both bags are off , i have some of it stripped but it looks like as if the dash is in two pieces - top and bottom and im wondering could i get away with only removing the top piece ? The new dash is not due for another two weeks so i have nothing to look at . You don't have any information about removal of the dash or replacing airbags please by any chance ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Mate I need to change my air bag module aswell, can you tell me exactly where it's located. I have taken the cEntre covers out by the gear lever can't see it any where. Do I have to take out the centre box aswell??
Hi, I hope someone can help us. We have a Range Rover Sport 2005 and need to access the airbag module that is located in the centre consul in front of the gear lever. We have tried but are having trouble removing the centre consul to access it and do not want to force it in case we break the consul. Can anyone tell us how to remove the centre consul to access the airbag module? Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
the ride handling switch in the range rover im working on has two screws at the front, that go from underneath, attaching it to the floor console upper panel. How would i get that out? I'm trying to get to the airbag module at the back of the console. Can i just take to two bolts out of the back of the console and lift it up?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts