RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just went out for a drive along the beach on the weekend and went into some soft sand and got bogged (I know, how could that possibly happen with a Range Rover). Another vehicle pulled me out and I drove off the beach and headed for home. After getting up to around 80km/hr on the tarred road a warning cam up saying 'Performance Restricted' and the car wet into 'Limp Mode'. When I got up to around 90k's there was quite a vibration through the car. When I got home I saw sand tracks on the ground where I had just travelled. Turns out that sand had collected on the wheel rims but did not get thrown off after a 25k/m trip. It only started dropping off when I slowed down in my driveway. Hosed the sand off and everything was back to normal. Is this a normal function of this vehicle. A). It is strange that the sand did not get thrown of with normal driving and B). It really limits the vehicles abilities if I had have continued to drive in the sand.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
774 Posts
Can happen with any vehicle - when you have been offroad you need to check that your vehicle is clear of sand and mud build up - in mud the weight of the mud on the inside of the wheels can throw the balance of the wheels out and cause vibration. Also sand and mud can be held in place by the sheer force of wheel rotation as speed increases.

When coming off the beach - check your vehicle. There is nothing wrong with your vehicle.

Garry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts