Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
After finally getting to the problem I figured out why my drivers seat and mirrors stopped working.
The issue was the three wires spliced together in the uk version passenger footwell that had corrected resulting in the amps dropping to 5amps and not 12amps. To find this splice you need to do the following. Pull up the door seal to gain access to plastic trimming covering door entrance to passenger side. Remove all plastic trimming. Including b pillar trimming. You then see another grey coloured cover. Pull that up gently to reveal the wiring loom. Work back down the wiring loop from the front of vehicle to the seat and unravel the black tape holding the loom together. Towards the front left hand side of the seat there will be a small single white and red wire protruding from underneath it which links into a splice of two further white and red wires running up the loom in the passenger footwell. You need to carefully unravel this loom there and you'll see the slice. Undo the tape covering the splice connecting the three red and white wires together and you might find the wires just fall out. They will be corroded as I found and need trimming back and resplicing back together. This will result in power back to the seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys.
After finally getting to the problem I figured out why my drivers seat and mirrors stopped working.
The issue was the three wires spliced together in the uk version passenger footwell that had corrected resulting in the amps dropping to 5amps and not 12amps. To find this splice you need to do the following. Pull up the door seal to gain access to plastic trimming covering door entrance to passenger side. Remove all plastic trimming. Including b pillar trimming. You then see another grey coloured cover. Pull that up gently to reveal the wiring loom. Work back down the wiring loop from the front of vehicle to the seat and unravel the black tape holding the loom together. Towards the front left hand side of the seat there will be a small single white and red wire protruding from underneath it which links into a splice of two further white and red wires running up the loom in the passenger footwell. You need to carefully unravel this loom there and you'll see the slice. Undo the tape covering the splice connecting the three red and white wires together and you might find the wires just fall out. They will be corroded as I found and need trimming back and resplicing back together. This will result in power back to the seat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts