RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My RRS with 7500 miles needed the brake booster system replaced. Fortunately it was all under warranty. I was hearing a creaking noise when braking and it was finally diagnosed as the brake booster. Just curious whether other owners have experienced the same and have had their booster systems replaced?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
237 Posts
Mine has been making the air-leak noise for the last 2 years and they still won't replace the booster. My rig goes in next week for service and I'm trying again. Consider yourself lucky that they replaced it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If they have not been replacing your brake booster, what are they telling you is making the noise?

·
Registered
237 Posts
At first, they said they couldn't reproduce the issue. Then recently they checked other sports on the lot and said they all do this. It's kinda ridiculous. I even told them there was a tech bulletin out for the issue and they ignored it.
My strategy this time is to give them the tech bulletin directly and see what happens. It's not the most critical issue as I don't think it affects braking. Just makes an embarrassing fart like noise when pressing the brake to start the car, LOL.

2015.5 HSE SV6

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually recorded the noise and sent the tech advisor a file that he could play for the mechanic. They originally said that they could not hear the noise as well. I am sure that other owners out there have experienced the problem. Can't just be the two of us?! Perhaps get LR involved.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,151 Posts
Mine does that too I’ve noticed. When I start the car or if I do heavy breaking there’s a squeal like noise. Never really paid it mind but I’ll have to bring it up next time.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yeah, there's a whole separate thread about the air-leak noise here and I posted the TSB for it. I'll update here if they fix it for me after my service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
my one is RRS 2014 HSE V6 which has similar sound (like air leak sound) when start press brake after let car off sometimes.
I will ask technician to check carefully and report with the picture here.
Any one has document of this bulletin?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes replaced brake servo on 2017 3.0d at 12k Miles. Made a really annoying squeaky rubber noise every time I braked. Cost of new booster £500, easy to change but bleeding caused lots of issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts