Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a RRS 4.4 v8 (Non Supercharged) and it has a couple of very nice after market rear siliencers on it.

Being a bit of a prud, i'm looking at just putting some standard ones back on it as I would prefer it to be quieter.

Land rover a quoting about £250 for each side, so looked on ebay and can see there are some second had rear systems with boxes on there for diesels.

Just wondering if the rear silencers are the same. Not worried if I have to have them cut and welded to the middle section, have a guy who can sort that for me, just more wondering if there is any reason I couldn't use them.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
Exhaust systems are tuned for the engines installed, V8, SC and diesels all have different exhaust parts/silencers with different properties. You could end up sounding like a semi truck or sounding like a Civic with a fart can hanging under the bumper.

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
When I was doing a delete of each silencer part, I started with the rear silencers under the bumper. if that is what your are referring to, I did not get any change in sound/ vibration. If it were up to me to change anything, I would not add that back in. I just have a straight pipe in the back to Borla tips.

There are 2 additional silencers/mufflers in the center of the vehicle - adding/removing/replacing those is where I started to notice the difference in sounds. Might want to check on that, if that was replaced and change accordingly..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.