RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used the GAP tool to lower my 2011 RRS SC recently and it was a soft and bouncy as hell. Had to raise it again so not sure about the theories I am reading here.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I used the GAP tool to lower my 2011 RRS SC recently and it was a soft and bouncy as hell. Had to raise it again so not sure about the theories I am reading here.
Also a reason the factory program only allows up to 25-30 MPH is... you’re out of alignment when you do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
725 Posts
When lowered it is true that alignment is changed a little - HOWEVER - it is still within the standard tolerances.

When I last got my car aligned at -20mm before the alignment to suspension was still well within tolerances.

·
Registered
592 Posts
When lowered it is true that alignment is changed a little - HOWEVER - it is still within the standard tolerances.

When I last got my car aligned at -20mm before the alignment to suspension was still well within tolerances.
What is the result (however slight) of the suspension geometry squatting, specifically when it is lowered? Does it appear stanced at all, if it were aligned at Normal height and subsequently dropped 20 mm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
725 Posts
After 180,000km and no alignment in that time, the car went onto the aligner and alignment checked at onroad height - alignment was not perfect but still within allowable tolerances - is not a fixed number but has a small range to allow for variables.

Vehicle then lowered 20mm and put in TTM mode - alignment was checked first and basically the same as onroad height - car aligned to the center of the allowable range. Remember the RRS suspension is such that the wheels basically remain vertical with little change in alignment as the wheel goes up and down (unlike swing axle type suspensions such a VW Beetles).

21 - 27 of 27 Posts