RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
New to the forum , my name his Mark from Birmingham , desperately need advice or pointing in the right direction,
Bare with me and i will tell the full story. while stationary at the lights the vehicle was hit from behind by a recovery truck,
still able to drive the car it ended up in the body shop for a rear bumper having sat in there yard for about a month the vehicle was returned,drove it for about a week completely cut out on the motorway AA said straight away its the alternator burnt out , no power what so ever, a £1000 later a garage diagnostic check
alternator, starter motor, new battery, still dead.
Now been told the engine is seized,
Fed up at talking to cowboys can anybody help fitting a replacement engine or rebuild
many thanks
MR MD

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
767 Posts
Yes go over to the UK RRS or UK Disco 3 forum.

However if in fact the engine is seized it will most likely be the well known issue of a broken crankshaft. If so it will not be related to any of the issues you suffered in the leadup. You obviously need to confirm this as it could be something else - get the sump dropped and have a look.

For US viewers - the Lion 3.0SDV6 engine as fitted to later diesel L320s has been renamed in the US as a Powerstroke (why do you guys always need to change the name of things :roll:) and is or is going to go into the Ford F series pickups as the smaller diesel - you will start to learn about these design failures of this Ford engine. However hopefully your Lemon Laws will force Ford to do something about the design faults of this engine as the crank failures mount up and this will flow back into the LR engines as LR is in denial that there is an issue.

Garry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts