RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Range Rover Sport supercharged. The front sway bar is broken and need replacing. Anyone know how much this should cost? I’ve gotten 3 very different quotes from 2 independent luxury shops and 1 from my nearest dealer.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have a 2008 Range Rover Sport supercharged. The front sway bar is broken and need replacing. Anyone know how much this should cost? I’ve gotten 3 very different quotes from 2 independent luxury shops and 1 from my nearest dealer.
Around a grand. Go to a “European Shop” not a “Luxury Shop”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
120 Posts
Hi. It is a kinda big job, lots of things need to come out, I am assuming we're talking about front one. I had to replace it in my previous 2009 RRS SC. Labor was about $600-700. Sometimes new sway bar comes with bushings, sometimes not, but I would recommend you to order all and any suspension components you haven't replaced recently and have them handy, Sway Bar bushings, links, possibly LCAs (get hardware kit as well), whatever mechanic would have to remove to dig the sway bar out, you can just give him new components to install back, thus saving a lot of money on future replacement and actually save some time/money because he would not have to worry about being extra careful with components being removed since you have the new ones.
I don't remember for sure but I think I ordered Sway bar from UK LRDirect:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts