Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone.

Just puzzled by a fault on a TDV6 L320.
From stationary without reving the engine there is a huge a disconcerting thrust forward.
The revs remain stable not hunting or surging and the rpm is low.
But if i engage drive and take my foot off the brake it takes off like a cat with its tail on fire.
Is this a transmission fault or an ecu issue. No fault codes in system no unusual lights on.
Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
417 Posts
Wow I've never heard if this issue, however we don't have TDv6 in the states, have you tried posting on rrsport uk, you might get some more help there!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
436 Posts
Hi Everyone.

From stationary without reving the engine there is a huge a disconcerting thrust forward.
The revs remain stable not hunting or surging and the rpm is low.
But if i engage drive and take my foot off the brake it takes off like a cat with its tail on fire.

Thanks in advance
Insure that the thrust levers are in the idle detent position. If this issue continues,
disconnect the auto thrust system, and set speed manually. :)

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
73 Posts
Insure that the thrust levers are in the idle detent position. If this issue continues,
disconnect the auto thrust system, and set speed manually. :)
Sorry for sounding stupid, but what is an auto thrust system? This is first time I am hearing of this.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
436 Posts
Sorry for sounding stupid, but what is an auto thrust system? This is first time I am hearing of this.
sorry, I couldn't resist.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
It's the unit behind the flux capacitor...

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
Could it be an issue with your electric throttle body - which from what I read has idle speed control and engine speed limiting functions, APP (accelerator pedal position) and controls your throttle body. Some how it could be causing a fault ... ?

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
Could not edit my above post - just realized your's is a diesel ..so not sure if the above applies ..sorry for any confusion

1 - 8 of 8 Posts