RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have bought a RRS 2006 2.7 with Transmission Fault. According to Diagnostic Computer there is no communication with the TCM. I have bought a used one with part numbers matching with mine. Is this just plug and play or would it require programming? Thanks in advance. Joe

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
447 Posts
I think it would require Transmission CM to be synchronized with the vehicle. In various videos/articles I saw, guys were carrying Transmission CM from old ZF in to replacement one. Specialized shops should be able to synch them VIA service computer.If you will go as doing this, there are few more things:
1) get a Transmission Maintenance Kit with separate Metal Pan and separate filter, not a 1 piece plastic pan with with filter built in to it. You will thank me later. :)
2) You will be taking of the mechatronic in order to swap CM, order set of seals (100% do that) and solenoids if finances allow. there are 3 seals between mechatronic and transmission body that shrink from time and use and cause oil pressure loss and hard shifting.
Here is one of the videos:
it is BMW but it is the same ZF-HP26 transmission as yours, at least 4.2SC and 4.4 use this transmission, please verify that diesels do as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello. Thankyou for your reply. I am actually referring to the Transmission Module which is underneath the battery and next to the engine ECU. Am i right in thinking this is what needs replacing? The error code is no communication with the Transmission Control Module which i was told was the one under the battery. Thanks again
By the way this is the post which I got the information about the TCM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts