Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi , this is my first post , i have a 2005 range rover sport , only had car on road a few weeks , the stereo and sat nav screen do not work / light up .
i have checked fuse 53 , it has 12 v , there is also 12v on the informant relay on 2 of the prongs.

i have removed stereo , and have 12 v on purple wire from fuse 53 , there is also 12v on red/ another colour wire.

but still will not power / turn on

there is no red light on the most connector for stereo / sat nav / nokia unit in boot behind panel / and the other unit next to it .

is this my problem ???? stopping everything working , how do you kick start the red light

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
589 Posts
Sir, you're testing wires on the vehicle, how about Unit itself? I mean, you can throw 12V on it from DC power supply and see if Radio Unit itself is functioning.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i did , i pulled the plug from stereo , and there is 12 v going to head unit , yet there is nothing happening or lighting up , the fibre optic plug has no red light , and after pulling fibre optic plug off the sat nav , and amplifier , and nokia unit in boot , no red light on anything ,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts