RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon All,

I have recently brought my first Range Rover sport.

With the hot weather I decided it was time the sunroof came into play, I went and got the car washed last night and realised the sunroof has not completely closed. It appears to have a very slight GAP at the back of the sunroof which allowed a small amount of water in and on to the drip tray.

Is this likely to be the seal which has gone or Mechanical problem ?

can get pics if easier, anyone else had a similar problem ?
I am located near Windsor area, can anyone recommend a garage or someone who may look at it for me.

thanks in advance for any help.

Sam

·
Registered
141 Posts
There is a procedure for calibrating your sunroof. I did it on my 2008. I'm sure it is buried deep in these forums somewhere; search for "calibrating sunroof" or "re-calibrating sunroof".

I am not mechanically inclined, but I did it easily, it involves moving back the plastic "curtains" that surround portions of the sunroof on the inside, exposing "star" screws, loosening those screws, then re-positioning the sunroof so that it is flat, slightly raised, then re-tightening the star screws. You may need a helper, second set of hands to hold level and help check level of sunroof while you hold from underneath & tighten star screws. But I don't remember how to if keys left in ignition or any other particulars. Search for it. Easy fix.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
517 Posts
There are helps how to do a sunroof re-set using the open close routine without adjusting any screws. There is also a help to replace the sunroof gasket. Very cheap to order and put in. The old ones tend to dry up.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
480 Posts
Back when I had this issue with my 08 RRS/SC, there was a great thread on this forum; there was also a YouTube. Replacing the seal is an easy job; patience, plumber grade silicon, and some more patience.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 2008 and 2013 both had this issue. Dealer charges two hours of labor and part cost to do it for you. Since both cars had this issue, I made a deal with them and got each car done for $250. The gasket of the sunroof that seals between the glass and body dries up and shrinks just a bit, causing the water to come in. I noticed this especially when driving through a touch-free carwash where they use high-pressure water. You could actually see the water coming in! The part number for the seal is:
LR023393

1 - 5 of 5 Posts