RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
334 Posts
You mean the angle at which it rolls over? I think it's around 29-31 degrees for the classic, but I can't remember where I got figure from.

If you've lifted the RR, it may be less than that..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
james said:
You mean the angle at which it rolls over? I think it's around 29-31 degrees for the classic, but I can't remember where I got figure from.

If you've lifted the RR, it may be less than that..
so if lifted then we r looking at 20-25 may be? its interesting to know ( but i dont tink it can take 31 degrees) :)

tnx 4 the info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
HUMMER H1 said:
james said:
You mean the angle at which it rolls over? I think it's around 29-31 degrees for the classic, but I can't remember where I got figure from.

If you've lifted the RR, it may be less than that..
so if lifted then we r looking at 20-25 may be? its interesting to know ( but i dont tink it can take 31 degrees) :)

tnx 4 the info.

Too many variables. You can't say if its lifted it will do X degrees. Does it have a 2" or a 5" or more? What size tires? Wheel wideners? What suspension components? Too many variables to say.

Take it out and see what it will do. If it rolls, knock off a couple of degrees and you'll have your answer. :lol:

Colin
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,802 Posts
According to the Land Rover book, the static test rig result is around 40degrees depending on model.
It then goes on to warn about lumps, bumps, loose stones etc and points out that 1" of ground variation equates to 1 degree of tilt. Digging out on the upside is also suggested.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tim (Scotland) said:
According to the Land Rover book, the static test rig result is around 40degrees depending on model.
It then goes on to warn about lumps, bumps, loose stones etc and points out that 1" of ground variation equates to 1 degree of tilt. Digging out on the upside is also suggested.

i really think land rover is dreaming. 40 degrees no way . :lol:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,162 Posts
HUMMER H1 said:
[quote="Tim (Scotland)":2p9cg4nk]According to the Land Rover book, the static test rig result is around 40degrees depending on model.
It then goes on to warn about lumps, bumps, loose stones etc and points out that 1" of ground variation equates to 1 degree of tilt. Digging out on the upside is also suggested.

i really think land rover is dreaming. 40 degrees no way . :lol:[/quote:2p9cg4nk]
I have seen them pretty close to that without going over.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
HUMMER H1 said:
[quote="Tim (Scotland)":2hi1mm8m]According to the Land Rover book, the static test rig result is around 40degrees depending on model.
It then goes on to warn about lumps, bumps, loose stones etc and points out that 1" of ground variation equates to 1 degree of tilt. Digging out on the upside is also suggested.

i really think land rover is dreaming. 40 degrees no way . :lol:[/quote:2hi1mm8m]

On a static test, I think you'd be surprised. You certainly wouldn't want to try that in the real world, though.

Colin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok guys this is what i am going to do. because we don't have the real #s >> i am gonna install that side slope gage in the rover , then lift one side up with the fork lift, (but it will be chained down so it wont tip over), this way i can find out the real #s.

i will make a video. ( my guess is 25 ) :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
We should have a sweepstake!

I'll bid for higher. I reckon nearer 40 degrees if done smoothly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
286 Posts
All Solihull products will take 45 degree sideslope when normally loaded.
I've had my RRCs beyond that at times. (Usually needed a clean pair afterwards!)
 

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
Joined
·
38 Posts
I've been to 33-34 degrees on several occasions with a 2 inch lift. It was an uncomfortable feeling but I was in no way close to rolling over.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top