RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
That is great for those with annoying Kids, just put them in the back, if you half fill it with sand and give them a plastic Bucket and Spade it will keep them amused for hours on long trips.

Or, those that are Chauffeured around in one can now enjoy a nice relaxing Jacuzzi in the Truck Bed.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
At least it is something different. I would buy that over some of the ridiculous body and grill kits that are coming out.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Although not really to my taste, it is interesting and appears to be well executed.

·
Registered
710 Posts
This pickup is an answer to a question no one asked.

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,495 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Range Rover pick-up??? Whats your take on this

Startech came up with this version of a RR Pick up
Range Rover pickup trcuk by Startech (4).jpg

I personally am in favor of this other option back then (James Bond Movie Octopussy)
RANGEROVER PICK UP.jpg

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
Re: Range Rover pick-up??? Whats your take on this

The main (or so I thought) use for a pickup is the ability to haul crap around.
So they made a pickup, with LESS space for the aforementioned crap, than an original MkIV Range Rover?
I don't see how the rear seats fold flat now, to allow more room for more crap.
No doubt it's still full of luxury and they did an excellent job, but you just have to ask....Why?
To get less storage? Pay more for an already very expensive rig? Then be unable to sell it afterwards because it is such a niche market that would buy that thing?
I'm all for doing something for the sake of doing it, hell I have a 6.0 LSx engine and 4L60E transmission in my own lowly P38, but there HAS to be an improvement somewhere doesn't there? I see non here....

Martin

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts

why not? `)

Considering that most pickups around here are nothing more than pussy wagons this is just a step up.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts

All the pussy wagons I have seen out in your neck of the woods were the wannabe SUV's......Subaru's!:lol:
I must have been flipped off by those idiots more than by anything else, out in the PNW.

Martin

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts

Well a Subaru IS a type of pussy wagon, we usually call them something else.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts

And I am sure they call me plenty of names too, when I am holding them up from going to a "Save the tree" meeting etc....tossers.

Martin

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,495 Posts

Save the RRs, if it's a pickup you want, LR already makes one, though I guess this is the last year to get a real Defender...
link2.jpg

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Mornin Vaser. You link only went to the home alibaba home page. can you paste the photo in of what ever it was?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Looks like they removed it. Probably too blatantly copied and illegal?
Another member posted another kit from same site and now it too only goes to the home page. They were the Lumma kit for US $1000. The entire Lumma bumpers and body panels, quad exhaust and LEDs for $3000. They had the Lumma logo, and splash too. Obviously knockoff. Looks likes primed pieces you have to paint though because they were black and matte gray. Looks like like they took a mold of Lumma and shamelessly duplicated. I thought it was ridiculous to advertise them side by side with photos and prices of the genuine Lumma right off Lumma's site though. Workmanship was not on par with the genuine ones as far as I can tell, much like the knockoff évoque probably 3D scanned and reproduced. Good body shop maybe able to have decent finished install that might not be too easy to tell from the real one. The catch is the dirt cheap prices provably you get what you pay for.

Crazy how they just freely copy everything and sell for throw away prices from China. This ones could be ordered in the U.S. Sure they will pop up again if they are selling. The SVR rear bumper with the Lumma squared off quad exhaust I mean.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts