RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna try to update this while out on the road for the 1450 mile trip from Brenham TX, to Frederick, MD. Wife and I have an 8:30 flight out of Baltimore tomorrow. Gonna try to stop in Hot Springs, AK., then mosey on over to Memphis for some BBQ at Neely's or Porky's. A possible stop in Graceland, then on through to Nashville. After that, the Appalachians, then on home to Maryland. Should be awesome, or end in divorce.

Taking this route:

Not sure about internet connectivity on the interstates out there, but gonna give it a shot to update with pics and such.

·
Registered
114 Posts
What are you picking up?

My wife and I did a trip like that picking up a Defender 90, a few years back, it was fun.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
woldd90 said:
What are you picking up?
This:
[youtube:46ebmisc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6pmgW11T2k&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:46ebmisc]

·
Registered
142 Posts
Looking forward to seeing how the trip goes. Avoid the divorce if at all possible. Nice Rover, btw.

·
Registered
91 Posts
BenzO
Afriend of mine bought the same 4months ago and is very happy with itstruck . Color is same as Idollar one's .

Enjoy your trip , make sure you raed you manual in order to take advantage of all the perks .

and when your car will be older you may try another adventure such as this one , nothing to do with me , but just to show you what can be done with an RRIII .

http://web.me.com/raymondgreaves/LilongweDown/Home.html

Jaybear

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And we're off...

Nervous flyers...

·
Registered
405 Posts
If you were doing this drive in a Defender vert of Lotus Elise, it would be an adventure whereas the Rover is so comfortable that it is more akin to flying in a G5. Congrats. FYI: IMO, the 07-09 Rovers are the best and most reliable Rovers made. I had an 08 (RIP) and now an 09 and they are both great problem free, comfortable vehicles. If you listen to Ipod and the Rover doesn't have the added plug in, take a miniplug cable to plug it in using the AUX input on the back of the console for road tunes. `)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We got picked up at the airport by "Tex" in a Honda Minivan

·
Registered
952 Posts
Wow that's quite a pick-up. Fortunately you'll be traveling in what is without a doubt one of the most comfortable and pleasant vehicle interiors you can buy at any price. And I've ridden in or driven most of them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Talk about TexMex

Podunk Texas town. 

Trinket store in the middle of nowhere, Texas. 

The competition was fierce.

Apparently, my name is very popular in these parts.

It rained for the most part of yesterday.   The bugs are big enough to put saddles on and we drove for 2 hours through a part of Arkansas reserved for movies with banjos.   

Sitting in Hot Springs, Arkanasas right now and heading over to Memphis today.  

The truck has been briliiant.  It trumps her R500 in every way possible.  

·
Registered
952 Posts
Hey you got it :clap: Congrats. There really is nothing like a Range Rover, all the other luxury SUVs pale in comparison. So do most luxury sedans for that matter.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Couple pics from Hot Springs, AR. Pretty cool place, actually. Natural hot springs bubble out of the ground at a static 143* Fahrenheit. They've built these huge bath houses on top of the springs, and you can go in and get scrubbed down by a bather, if you wish. I did not wish. And it's the boyhood home of Bill Clinton. Who knew?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bath house row in Hot Springs, AR.

The off-road capabilities of this truck are mind altering. :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Stopped in Memphis, to see The King. I wasn't allowed to pull up next to Graceland, so I talked a nearby restaurant manager into letting me take Elvis out into the parking lot for a photo-op. :D

Then, it was on to Nashville, TN. We spent the night there and got a little sauced in their bar district. Sat in on some good, live music and threw a few back….

1 - 20 of 31 Posts