RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I've finally done it, having been a Jensen Interceptor owner for 15 years one gas guzzler in the family has been enough, but a 4.6 HSE just seemed to come my way at the right time so here i am. Unfortunately the price i paid dictated the condition of the vehicle and hence it does come with problems... One, the Airbag fault warning on the computer and the SRS light is on, and two on the display it tells me that fuse 22 is blown though its not. According to a diagnostic test that was carried out prior to me buying it the fault lies with the Body Control Module... what do you think? I would be most appreciative for any info. I have helped lots of people in the past on the Jensen forum as i have well and truly got my head around a Jensen 7.2 V8, now i need to increase my knowledge on this one but i keep looking at all the electrics and thinking WHY DID I DO IT!!!.

Thanks in advance

Simon.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,365 Posts
Welcome to the madhouse!

Where in the world are you?

For the air bag light, check the yellow wire connector under both front seats.

Fuse 22 - do a search.

Will you be getting diagnostic kit?

Good luck - plenty of like minded Charlies here ....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Spiggytopes, Thankyou for your advice. I am in Lincolnshire in the UK. At this stage i am trying to establish the faults without spending a fortune on diagnostic equipment and having seen a bill in her history file for a Landrover Diagnostic test at £160 5 years ago! i will be avoiding my local Landrover dealer aswell! (We also have a TD5 which never see's the inside of a Landrover dealer). As with my Interceptor, you slowly delelop a rapor and gain knowledge by pushing yourself into doing it yourself and was surprised just how simple the 70s Chrysler V8s actually were, that said i am not under estimating the complexity of the Range Rover set up. Hopefully with some help from the Range Rover gurus and me asking some probably silly questions i will get to grips with it. I do plan to get some diagnostic bits as time passes but for now i think i will be spending all my money on components. At least with it being Winter the Interceptor is in hybernation, but as its a Convertible once the spring sunshine shows its face i will be diverting my attentions back to her so want the Range Rover sorting out before then.
Regards
Simon.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Congrat's on your purchase, I hope you enjoy it.

Just to let you know you are not alone. I recently purchased a 1996 SE with 140k miles on the clock. It had some known problems with the HVAC system, so I took it in to the dealer for proper diagnosis before I tore anything apart. Turned out it needed 2 blend motors, 2 blower motors, and a heater core. As I am short on time, I had them do all the work (yikes on the repair bill, but I got the Rover cheap and budgeted for the repairs).

Other minor stuff is the key fob/keyless entry is bonkers and the seat heaters are kaput. I'll be having the dealer look at the keyless entry and hopefully do the repair myself once they do the diagnostics. Seat heaters will be a "whenever I get around to it" type of job.

I'll have some gasket work to do in the spring. I can tell already this is gonna be a love/hate relationship. Just add it to the list with my Jaguars, Jeeps, and Saabs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts