Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

After rebuilding/replacing all the o-ring in my valve block, the EAS has gone into " fault".

I have ordered the "good" USB-OBD adaptor and installed the software from RSW.

How do I re-set the EAS? Unlock EAS tab?

Thanks

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
33 Posts
there should be a .pdf that comes with the software.

it has all the instructions and how-to info in it. if you don't have it, let me know. i might be able to email a copy over.

·
Administrator
4,967 Posts
Unlock EAS unlocks it but the button that looks like a box marked Faults, clears them.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Figured out the fault, operator error (as usual!) - I left the OBD connector connected into the car plug.

Do as per the manual, press the STOP button and then unplug the OBD connector from the car.

All messages cleared, all working perfectly now; pump and valve block all new o-rings and gasket. Very easy to do at home, my advice: get the EAS software FIRST and familiarize yourself with it BEFORE taking apart the pump and valve block.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do have one question, how far "in" should the pipes at the valve block be pressed in?

Any tips on know if they are all the way in? The pipes have a notch on them, where should this be?

·
Administrator
4,967 Posts
The pipes have a notch on them, where should this be?
Depends how many times they have had the ends trimmed. When you push them in you will feel them go through both O rings and not want to go in any further. If they have only gone in as far as the first O ring, they will almost certainly be leaking anyway so you will know about it.

Reactions: P38HSE46

·
Administrator
4,967 Posts
Might be. Click on the box marked Faults (a button that doesn't look like a button) which will clear them and see if they come back. If they do, go to the Heights tab and see what your readings are.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
It is at all useful to remove the height sensor and get it a cleaning with contact cleaner and WD40?

I have been looking at height sensor, and the prices are all over the place.

Are the cheap ones to be avoided like the pest?

Product Camera accessory Auto part Machine Engineering

Bicycle part Font Automotive tire Technology Electronic device

·
Administrator
4,967 Posts
Those readings are complete garbage (or your height sensors aren't connected), did you click on Get?

This is the range you should be seeing. With what you have it shouldn't be rising at all.

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Pattern

Avoid the cheap ones at all costs, they are not linear at all.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Most probably the "get" did not work.

Look at the first picture, those are all within the mentioned range, nonetheless I am getting a fault on FL and RR sensor.

·
Administrator
4,967 Posts
Check the readings on each sensor at all heights. If you have a worn sensor you will get odd readings at certain points on the resistive track. Numbers should rise progressively as the height goes up, if the numbers jump it is worn.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Check the readings on each sensor at all heights. If you have a worn sensor you will get odd readings at certain points on the resistive track. Numbers should rise progressively as the height goes up, if the numbers jump it is worn.
How can I read "live" data while changing the height setting with the RSW programm?

Or can I unbolt the arm and read the live values while I move the sensor arm manually?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts